Down the TBR Hole #1

I’ve been considering trying out this meme for months, and I finally decided to go for it! This is Down the TBR Hole from Lost in a Story, and it looks like a super fun (and simultaneously productive) post that I’ve enjoyed reading from other bloggers, so here we go! (By the way, you can click on the covers to go to the Goodreads listings!)

It works like this:

• Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?
  • Keep track of where you left off so you can pick up there next week!

Current “to-read” shelf: 952 titles

Book 1:

28094574.jpg

Date added to shelf: Dec 9, 2012

This book has been on my TBR for what feels like my entire life, and I swear, I WILL read it. Eventually. Someday.

The judgement: KEEP

Book 2:

337907.jpg

Date added to shelf: Dec 9, 2012

Funny thing about this one is that I’ve actually read it, but I never updated it on Goodreads way back when, and now I remember almost none of it… so… hmn.

The judgement: KEEP

Book 3:

11 (1).jpg

Date added to shelf: Dec 9, 2012

“Whaaat? You haven’t read Hitchhiker’s Guide, Destiny? But you’ve seen the movie a dozen times!” I know, guys, I know. I’m getting around to it sooner or later. (My fiance would prefer “sooner”, as in, RIGHT THIS MOMENT, because it’s his fave, but sadly, it hasn’t happened yet.)

The judgement: KEEP

Book 4:

4673605.jpg

Date added to shelf: Dec 9, 2012 (I was busy that day!)

I’m actually shocked to realize this has been on my to-read shelf for so long, because someone showed me this graphic novel a few weeks ago and I was SHOOK to learn that it existed. I guess I had blocked it from memory. I actually have it from the library right now and it’s on my October TBR.

The judgement: KEEP

Book 5:

2118745.jpg

Date added to shelf: Feb 23, 2013

I know very little about this series other than the fact that it’s written by Patrick Ness, who appears to be a literary god as far as I can tell? Oh, and everyone I’ve ever heard talk about it loved it. So…

The judgement: KEEP

Well, that was… probably kind of counter-productive. I think the goal is this exercise is to remove some books from the list. Whoops! Maybe next week, I’ll knock at least one out. 😂

twitter . bookstagram . facebook . goodreads }

42 thoughts on “Down the TBR Hole #1

1. cgwinter1981 says:

I would have had just as hard of a time cutting almost all of these! My partner wants me to read “Hitchhiker’s Guide” pretty badly! Then again he wants me to read all these sci-fi and fantasy books, whereas I am much more mystery and contemporary focused. I loved reading this and think I may do this later today myself!

2. Lia says:

Thanks for joining! I hope you’ll be able to remove more books next time haha
    I can definitely recommend The Hitchhiker’s Guide! I loved it!

3. Sionna (Books in Her Eyes) says:

Hahaha not so productive, but it can’t be helped when those are the first five books you came across!! Those are definitely keepers. Even as someone, not a huge fan of aliens and high sci-fi, I really enjoyed The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, so I hope you enjoy it too when you get it to 🙂

• Destiny @ Howling Libraries says:

I hear it’s such a good series. The only thing I’ve read by him was A Monster Calls and that wrecked me so thoroughly that I’m mildly terrified to ever trust Patrick with my heart and emotions EVER AGAIN… but the spirit is weak and the book-flesh is willing, or something? (That sounded creepier than I intended)

4. Ginger Mom says:

I am a very big Stephen King fan but I just don’t know about It. Kinda scared to pick it up. I loved Desperation (one of my favorites of his…creepy lol). But I just don’t know about It. Let me know what you think when you finally get to it.

• Destiny @ Howling Libraries says:

It’s a massive book! I have a short little paperback of it and I believe it’s something like 1,100 pages, with tiny print. I think I would have to get a larger version of it, but what I have is just one I found for a buck at a thrift shop years ago. 🙂 Will do!

5. coffeelovingbookoholic says:

hahahahahaha, i love it!!!! girl, you made me laugh! but i totally understand you, especially when it comes to “it”, “the hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy (which is sooooo aweseome) and “the knife of never letting go”. i wouldn’t get rid of those either! 😀

6. Sarah says:

I’m in the middle of reading It right now! Although I predict it’ll take me another couple of months to finish… Also—House of Leaves is one of my favorite books!