Spooky Halloween Tag created by Simply Kenna.
I was tagged in this amazing tag by one of my favorite bloggers and bookish friends, Heather over at The Sassy Book Geek! She is such a sweetheart, her blog is AMAZING, and her answers to this tag were hilarious and perfect, so please go check her out and follow her!
Now, for this spooky tag…
1. Favorite horror or Halloween-themed song?
“Seven Devils” by Florence + the Machine. It’s so creepy and witchy and absolutely delightful. I constantly tell people that I swear Florence is my long-lost witchy sister. >:)
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
I’m going to steal one of Heather’s answers: anything that does that super fucked up disjointed contortionist crawling thing. With the popping joints and all? I’m literally shuddering just typing this.
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
Nope! Here’s my theory on Ouija boards: they’re kind of like leaving your door open at night while you sleep. Maybe nothing comes in. Maybe all that comes in is a few beetles, or a friendly, non-venomous garden snake. OR MAYBE YOU GET A RABID RACCOON.
Don’t chance it, guys. Rabid raccoons are no joke.
4. Favorite horror monster or villain?
Probably Sam from Trick ‘r Treat. He’s so precious and creepy and weird, and I love him! I have a little funko pop of him that my mom gave me a few years ago and it’s my most prized funko.
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
I used to live in a haunted house, and the story is honestly way too long for this post, but the short of it is that there were shadow children in the kitchen, lots of weird happenstances, and I woke up at 3am once to find a man standing in my corner, glaring at me. I thought it was a dream until my boyfriend at the time slept over the next night and had the exact same thing happen to him (I hadn’t told him my experience).
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
See question #5 – I spent the night in a haunted house every night for 7 years, so yes, I could do it if the incentive was good enough, haha. I don’t tend to do dares just for the sake of saying I did it, but I always see those Facebook things that are like, “Would you sleep in this creepy abandoned house for $1 million?” and I find myself thinking, Who wouldn’t?!
7. Are you superstitious?
Yup. I don’t worry about broken mirrors or black cats (I’ve had many! They’re great!), but if this tells you anything, my twitter name is “creepstiny” because I couldn’t bring myself to jinx it by using “DEADstiny” (which is a great pun BTW, a+, way to go self).
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
Yes, actually. It’s been happening since I was a small child. (I wonder how many followers I’ve lost by this point in the tag…)
9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
The “backseat killer” one – you know, where someone is hiding in the floorboards? It has plagued me my entire life. Also, the Rake. Look it up. Go ahead. 😉
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
I honestly totally love both, but I’d have to go with gore. I love scary gore, shudder-inducing gore, campy gore (think “so stupid it’s funny”), cheesy 80s gore…
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
I believe in the theory that we live in one of many realities or “dimensions” and that each one is different. I don’t know how many there are, or if it’s true what some people say about each dimension having only one teeny-tiny detail differently, but I definitely could see ours only being one of a crowd.
12. Ever made a potion of any sort?
13. Do you get scared easily?
Not at all. My mom started me on horror films when I was five or six years old, and I find that I’m incredibly desensitized to the bulk of it. I do jump easily at times (loud noises usually get me, but I’m hard to sneak up on, so it depends on the circumstance), but I don’t consider that being “scared” so much as “startled”.
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
NOPE NOPE NOPE. I don’t do ghost games and shit.
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
I believe in negative energies, but to believe in demons or the devil would, in my theorizing, require me to believe in angels/god/heaven? So I struggle with that one, as a non-religious type.
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Haul ass out of the house, preferably? I have watched way too many slasher films to be the girl who hides in the closet with the slats in the doors.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
I’m going with Trick ‘r Treat for this one, too, since Sam only punishes people who are jerks on Halloween.
18. If you could only wear one Halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
Probably a pirate wench. With the leggings and boots and all. It looks comfy.
19. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
I have done it many times and I’m sure I’ll do it again.
20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice?
I’m a pretty decent shot with a handgun, but they’re so noisy. I’d ideally love to have two weapons: a handgun for emergencies, and a hunting knife or something for quiet kills. Then again, if I had time to be trained on using one well, I’d Michonne that shit with some awesome swords.
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
Party. I love trick or treating, but, you know… booze.
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
I like to think I’d be the final girl, but realistically, probably comic relief.
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
Very, very rarely. In fact, I cannot remember the last time I had to do this.
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
I have fallen asleep during horror movies many times, but I don’t cover my eyes, and I don’t usually yell, period. In fact, I had to think about this for a second, but my usual MO while watching horror films is cheering on the baddies (“yes, EAT HER!”).
25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
I usually do the scaring. As a teen, my friends loved to make me tell ghost stories all night while they huddled under a blanket together in terror. Mwahaha.
26. Favorite scary book?
How could I pick just one?! There are soooo many good ones!
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
Five or six years old.
28. What was your first Halloween costume?
I’m not sure what my first one was, but the first one that I remember was a Dalmation.
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
I haven’t decided yet! I usually aim for scary makeup more than anything. I did this creepy clown makeup a couple of Halloweens ago that everyone swore turned out just like Twisty the Clown.
30. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
A bat, for sure. They’re one of my favorite animals!
If you’ve read all of this, you deserve a treat!
I don’t follow a ton of bloggers who I know for sure are into horror-themed things (in fact, I’d say more of my friends dislike horror than those who like it!), so I’m going to leave this open for anyone who’s interested!