1. BREAD: What book is purely fluff, and has no real plot line?
I don’t typically read books that are 100% fluff, but the fluffiest book I can think of that I genuinely enjoyed in recent years has to be this one:
2. TURKEY: What book made you want to fall asleep?
Something about this one makes me sleepy every time. It isn’t that it’s boring, it’s just so cozy that it makes me… *yawn*… sleepy…
3. GRAVY: What book makes the whole series worth reading?
Don’t get me wrong, I love And I Darken, but I know it isn’t for everyone. Now I Rise, however, is FREAKING FLAWLESS. Every single time someone tells me they disliked book 1, I adamantly insist that they must(!) continue to book 2!
4. STUFFING: What book is stuffed full of action scenes?
Gemina, book 2 in The Illuminae Files! I mean, Illuminae is pretty action-packed, too, but the sequel felt like nonstop suspense and action, and I loved it!
5. MASHED POTATOES: What book looked good, and then wasn’t?
Paperweight. The cover for this book really intrigued me, because it’s a really pretty, soft color in person, and I just thought it looked unique and pretty! Unfortunately, this book was a huge letdown and probably the worst representation of an eating disorder I’ve ever read.
6. CRANBERRIES: What book has the sweetest romance?
I feel like most of you already know what’s coming… but I have to do it… it’s gotta be Feysand. ❤ I just love them so much, and they’re so precious, and the slow burn just about killed me, so…
7. CORN: What’s the corniest book you’ve ever read?
I feel like almost any of R.L. Stine’s books would fit here.
8. GREEN BEANS: What book is too long and needs to be shortened?
I honestly couldn’t think of any books that fit here! I just can’t think of any books I’ve read any time recently where I thought to myself, “This should just be way shorter!”
9. PUMPKIN PIE: What book do you read to get out of a reading slump?
It honestly just varies from one slump to another! If my slump is caused by too much of one genre, I switch to a very different genre (like reading a lot of contemporary recently when I was in a fantasy slump). If my slump is caused by too many bad reads in a row, definitely rereading a favorite. And if my slump is just caused by not having motivation to read, anthologies! The short stories help me feel like I’m making quick progress and it always fixes me.
10. DOG/CAT: What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food that you would steal from the table?
Definitely either my mom’s cornbread dressing, or pecan pie – yum!