Hello lovelies! I don’t normally do readathons outside of the ones I help host over at Life & Lit, but this month, there’s one being hosted on Twitter that I’m super excited about: Sob-a-Thon!
- runs from May 21st to May 27th
- hosted by Mikayla, Sam, Rocky, Krisy, Becca, and Katie
- 5 challenges:
- 1 book you’ve been putting off because you know it will make you too emotional
- 1 book that will make you cry happy tears
- 1 book that already destroyed your emotions (reread!)
- 1 book under 300 pages
- the group read: The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan
- you can follow the readathon’s twitter here for more info and book suggestions!
I’ve already come up with a tentative TBR for the challenges, but I’m open to suggestions from my TBR if you’d like to look at it here and tell me what YOU think I should read for Sob-a-Thon!
A book I’ve been putting off:
History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
I have this book in both hardcover and audiobook and have been meaning to read it for ages!
A book that will make me cry happy tears:
Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
Tons of people on Twitter recommended this as a “happy cry” book, plus it’s short and already on my shelf!
A book that already destroyed my emotions:
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
I haven’t read this in years, but it WRECKED me as a young teen, so I want to reread it for the event!
A book under 300 pages:
This is the one I need help with, because all of the tearjerkers on my shelf seem to be over 300 pages! Help?
Group challenge book:
The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan
Conveniently enough, this is also the group read for Life & Lit’s Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month event, so it’s a double-whammy and getting read for sure!