It’s almost December 21st, which means it’s finally time to share my Short-a-thon plans with you all!
If you’re not familiar with Short-a-thon, you can find more information here! It’s a readathon Kathy and I are hosting from December 21st to 31st, and it involves reading our shortest books, short stories, graphic novels, manga, etc.
If you haven’t created your TBR yet, you can definitely make it easy on yourself and just pick your 10 shortest books! For my TBR, however, I wanted to really challenge myself to read as many things as possible.
- a whole stack of graphic novels on their way to my local library branch
- a TBR jar including the titles of every book I own under 250 pages long
- this list!
This list is my “must reads” list. I chose
10 11 novellas and will be reading one of these per day on top of my graphic novels and jar choices! I realized while making this list that we planned for this to be a ten-day readathon, but accidentally made it an eleven-day readathon—oops!
- We Should All Be Feminists — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- adult nonfiction; 52pg.
- Lost Sisters — Holly Black
- ya fantasy; 50pg.
- Your Favorite Band Cannot Save You — Scotto Moore (ARC)
- adult horror; 128pg.
- Love Looks Pretty On You — Lang Leav (ARC)
- adult poetry; 224pg.
- Sour Candy — Kealan Patrick Burke
- adult horror; 67pg.
- The Adventures of Charls — C. S. Pacat
- adult fantasy; 26pg.
- Damaged Goods — Talia Hibbert
- adult contemporary; 198pg.
- Dead Lake — Darcy Coates
- adult horror; 158pg.
- Almost Midnight — Rainbow Rowell
- YA contemporary; 144pg.
- All Systems Red — Martha Wells
- adult sci-fi; 149pg.
- Binti — Nnedi Okorafor
- adult sci-fi; 90pg.