The WINNER of last week’s “lows” vote was… *drumroll*
THE CITY OF BRASS by S. A. Chakraborty!
As promised, I’ll now add this book to my “top-TBR” shelf on Goodreads to remind me to read it within the next 18 months.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
This week’s participants:
(books that are LOW on my TBR—vote in the comments for which one I should move UP on my list and I’ll read it within 18 months!)
1. In the Woods — Tana French
2. Ever the Hunted — Erin Summerill
3. The Lies of Locke Lamora — Scott Lynch
4. Attachments — Rainbow Rowell
5. Legendary — Stephanie Garber
1. The Same Deep Water As You — Chad Lutzke (owned, review copy; releasing january 2019)
Adult horror/dark fiction
2. Perihelion Summer — Greg Egan (owned, review copy; releasing april 2019)
Adult sci-fi novella; unsolicited ARC—I hadn’t heard of this one but it sounds cool and I’m excited to have it now!
4. The Girl in Red — Christina Henry (releasing august 2019)
Adult horror/fantasy; I’m here for the Christina Henry retellings and this one sounds like an amazing post-apocalyptic take on Little Red Riding Hood 😍
6. Collected Christmas Horror Shorts 2 — edited by Kevin J. Kennedy (kindle unlimited)
Adult Christmas horror collection; since Christmas is over, I won’t be reading this until next holiday season, honestly, but it’s 645 pages long which is HUGE for a horror collection and I’m intrigued!
7. The Summer Palace and Other Stories — C. S. Pacat (owned)
Adult fantasy; WE FINALLY HAVE A PAPERBACK COLLECTION OF THE CAPTIVE PRINCE SHORT STORIES! *screaming forever* I’ve already read 3 of them through ebooks but it’s technically still on my “TBR” until I read the 4th one, and also, I wanted an excuse to gush about this existing.
8. Swipe Right for Murder — Derek Milman (releasing august 2019)
YA thriller; I didn’t like Milman’s debut, but I’m interested in this for the own-voice m/m rep, and am somewhat considering giving his first book Scream All Night a second try.
9. Minimum Wage Magic — Rachel Aaron (kindle unlimited)
YA sci-fi/urban fantasy WITH DRAGONS
10. The Kiss Thief — L.J. Shen (releasing january 2019)
NA/adult dark romance(???); I think Sionna put this one on my radar, and it just sounds intriguing
11. Serpent & Dove (no cover) — Shelby Mahurin (releasing september 2019)
YA fantasy; a witch/witch hunter romance 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
12. Songs of Insurrection — J. C. Kang (kindle unlimited)
YA fantasy; DRAGONS
13. Stronger Than a Bronze Dragon (no cover) — Mary Fan (releasing june 2019)
YA historical fantasy; Chinese warrior girls and mechanical DRAGONS 😂
14. Offline — Kealan Patrick Burke
Adult horror/true crime short story; mostly written via FB messages and also I just really love KPB ♥
15. Master of the Moors — Kealan Patrick Burke
Adult horror/mystery novella; werewolves, creepy moors, and KPB—what else do I really need?