WWW Wednesday is hosted by Taking On a World of Words. It’s a meme that takes place every Wednesday, where the posters discuss 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
This week was… I dunno. It was a weird reading week.
- Darkfever — 60%
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely — 35%
- The Last Olympian — 56%
- This Mortal Coil — 14%
- It Ends With Us — 35%
If We Were Villains is in the collage because I’m too lazy to remake the image, but I actually put it on my “finish-me-soon” shelf late last night. It’s really gorgeous and incredible but one of the shittiest things my seasonal depression does—every year, without fail—is put me in the sort of slumps where I can’t read anything “complicated” or overly “literary” without just getting totally exhausted. 😞
- Giant Days, Vol. 2 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Tomie ⭐⭐
- Orange: The Complete Collection, Vol. 2 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Giant Days, Vol. 3 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dead of Winter ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (REREAD) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Owls Have Come to Take Us Away ⭐⭐⭐
- What Does it Mean to Be American? ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Simon and the Big, Bad, Angry Beasts ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
So, it looks at first glance like I read a lot, when actually, I just finished up rereading HP, read a few graphic novels, a couple of children’s books, and a 96-page short story collection. I’m not sure what’s been up with me this month but I think I’ve finally accepted that this isn’t just me adjusting to a new job, it’s a full-blown slump, and honestly, it freaking sucks lol. It’s been going on since mid-December and all I want is to sit down and tear through some books!
For the love of all that is holy, I just want to finish my current reads and start at least a couple of new ARCs. PLEASE, BOOK GODS. Athena? Thoth? Anansi? Anybody?! 😭😭
- Goodbye, Perfect
- Binti: The Complete Trilogy
- Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss