It’s time for another round of Tag Thursday! I wasn’t tagged in this one, but I nabbed it from Sam a few days ago because it was too much fun to pass up!
1) What is the longest amount of time you can comfortably go without picking up a book?
If I’m in a slump, maybe… 36 hours? But under normal circumstances, probably 12-ish hours.
2) How many books do you carry on your person (or kindle) at any one time?
I don’t carry physical books with me unless I’m going on a road trip, or the book I’m currently reading is so unputdownable that I HAVE to take it places. That said, my kindle has a few hundred titles.
3) Do you keep every book you buy/receive or are you happy to pass them on to make space for more?
I’d say I keep a solid 98% or more of them.
4) How long would you spend in a bookshop on a standard visit?
At least 45 minutes, sometimes 1-2 hours?
5) How much time per day do you actually spend reading?
It completely varies from one day to another. Some days, maybe half an hour, other days, maybe 6-7 hours or more.
6) Where does the task ‘picking up a book’ appear on your daily to-do list?
Hmm… usually pretty high, but it also depends on my work schedule for the day. Some days, I go in at 9, and then I don’t have time to read before work. Other days, I go in at 12 or 1, and those days, I try to read before going in!
7) How many books do you reckon you own in total (including e-books)?
Goodreads says I own 1,077 books.
8) Approximately how often do you bring up books in conversation?
Too often. 😂
9) What is the biggest book (page count) you have finished reading?
I’m not sure, honestly! I know I’ve read a handful of 700+ and 800+ page books, but past that, I dunno.
10) Is there a book you had to get your hands on against all odds (i.e searching bookshops, online digging, etc.)?
Yes! The UK hardback of Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. After a lot of searching, I got so lucky when Nicole DMed me one day to let me know she’d found a copy at her local Half Priced Books! I’m forever grateful to her for sending it to me!
11) A book you struggled to finish but refused to DNF?
There are a lot of books that fit this one… I guess the most recent one coming to mind right now is Bright We Burn by Kiersten White. I loved the first 2 books in the trilogy so much that, when the finale was a MASSIVE letdown for me, it took everything in me not to DNF it!
12) What are 3 of your main book goals for 2019?
- DNF more books
- Read what I want, when I want
- Less stressful reading situations (like signing myself up for too many buddy reads or taking on too many time-sensitive ARC requests)
13) Have you ever had the privilege of converting someone into a reader (maybe via inspiration or incessant nagging)?
Yup, I converted a few family members!
14) Describe what books mean to you in five words.
Five words are not enough. 😉
t a g s:
twitter | bookstagram | facebook | goodreads