The WINNER of last week’s “lows” vote was… *drumroll*
YOU’LL MISS ME WHEN I’M GONE by Rachel Lynn Solomon!
As promised, I’ll now add this book to my “top-TBR” shelf on Goodreads to remind me to read it within the next 18 months.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
(books that are LOW on my TBR—vote in the comments for which one I should move UP on my list and I’ll read it within 18 months!)
- Kushiel’s Dart — Jacqueline Carey
- adult fantasy; a slave is purchased and trained as a spy and courtesan, but a romance forms with an enemy (I think?)
- The Queen of the Tearling — Erika Johansen
- adult fantasy; a lost princess has been raised in hiding, but now she must learn to become a queen and take her throne back
- Roar — Cora Carmack
- YA fantasy; a princess is forced into an arranged betrothal with a neighboring prince, but discovers he’s not what he seems, so she sneaks into his palace to spy on him
- Summer Days and Summer Nights — anthology edited by Stephanie Perkins
- YA contemporary short story anthology; short contemporary summer-y stories
- Boy Erased — Garrard Conley
- adult nonfiction/memoir; a gay man’s recollection of when his parents sent him to a conversion step in his teens
Almost all of this week’s highs are eARCs I was approved for last week, which were all detailed in yesterday’s Stacking the Shelves post. I’m only going to add synopsis blurbs for the ones that weren’t in that post!
- The Infinite Noise — Lauren Shippen
- YA fantasy; a group of teens with supernatural abilities
- Taboo For You — Anyta Sunday (kindle unlimited)
- NA contemporary m/m romance; best-friends-to-lovers romance
- Dragonslayer — Duncan M. Hamilton (july 2019)
- adult fantasy; a former King’s guardsman is sent on a mission to slay the last dragon, previously thought extinct for centuries
- This Accident of Being Lost — Leanne Betasamosake Simpson
- adult short stories; I don’t really know what this is about, I just was intrigued by a recent BooksAndLala video that mentioned it
- I Stop Somewhere — T.E. Carter
- YA contemporary; a teen disappears after being raped
All the Better Part of Me | Halloween Fiend | The Stars May Rise and Fall | Dear Sweet Pea | The Saturday Night Ghost Club | Croquette & Empanada | Sorry I’m Late, I Didn’t Want to Come | The Unicorn Anthology | Made for You | Unchained Desire | Drakon’s Knight | How We Became Wicked | The First Girl Child | Orpheus Girl | Somebody to Love | The Wives
Which book from my “lows” do you think I should add to my “top-TBR” shelf?