Last month, I decided to start a mass clean-out of my Goodreads TBR shelf! Naturally, if I’m going to spend the time doing it, I figured I might as well blog about it. I’m just doing it in small chunks to keep it manageable!
If there’s anything in this list that you think I should KEEP on my TBR, please let me know why, and I’ll consider adding it back!
before purge 1: 1,536
after purge 1: 1,496
before purge 2: 1,534
after purge 2: 1,494
before purge 3: 1,504
- Watch Hollow — Gregory Funaro
- You’d Be Mine — Erin Hahn
- I honestly wouldn’t have taken this when it was up for “download now” status on NG if I’d known it was about country music. No offense to country fans! It’s just that, as a southerner who hates the genre despite being unwillingly subjected to it everywhere you go, well… it makes it hard to enjoy any media revolving around it.
- Girls of July — Alex Flinn
- Race the Darkness — Abbie Roads
- Crazy Cupid Love — Amanda Heger
- I Let You Go — Clare Mackintosh
- I want to read this, but it involves the death of the MC’s child, which is a theme I really can’t enjoy stories with.
- The Playing Card Killer — Russell James
- Black Wings — Megan Hart
- Look Straight Ahead — Elaine M. Will
- The Snow Child — Eowyn Ivey
- Priestdaddy — Patricia Lockwood
- I love cult-related memoirs but I heard this one’s pretty boring. Does anyone have recommendations for good replacements?
- Snotgirl, Vol. 1 — Bryan Lee O’Malley
- Amber & Dusk — Lyra Selene
- North of Happy — Adi Alsaid
- Colder, Vol. 2 — Paul Tobin
- I liked Vol. 1 a lot, but not enough to buy Vol. 2, and none of the libraries in my system have it. 🤷♀️
- Wishtree — Katherine Applegate
- The Dragonet Prophecy — Tui T. Sutherland
- I’m definitely not intrigued enough to start a 14-book MG fantasy series.
- Inside Out & Back Again — Thanhha Lai
- I appreciate that this exists, but I flipped through it a little at work once and didn’t enjoy the writing.
- An Orchestra of Minorities — Chigozie Obioma
- Stay Up With Hugo Best — Erin Somers
- Otokogokoro — Neko Kanda
- Not sure where to even find an English version of this…
- From Breath and Ruin — Carrie Ann Ryan
- No memory AT ALL of adding this.
- Once & Future — Amy Rose Capetta & Cori McCarthy
- I know this has been hugely popular this year, and I dig that it’s a queer story by queer authors, but… man, I gotta be honest, NOTHING about this synopsis interests me, and I’ve tried Capetta’s writing before and was thoroughly unimpressed.
- It’s Not Hansel and Gretel — Josh Funk
- She Spoke — Kathy MacMillan
- A Mark On My Soul — Jordon Greene
- The Broken Circle — Enjeela Ahmadi-Miller
- A Fire Story — Brian Fies
- Maybe I should pick out an emoji to notate books I simply don’t remember ever adding to begin with 😬
- The Art of Leaving — Ayelet Tsabari
- Between Before & After — Maureen Doyle McQuerry
- Fat Angie: Rebel Girl Revolution — E.E. Charlton-Trujillo
- Not writing off the series, I just didn’t know this was a sequel when I added it.
- Sherwood — Meagan Spooner
- A Monster Like Me — Wendy S. Swore
- I was pretty excited for this one, but I’m hearing a lot of chatter about some harmful Native American rep in it, so I’ll pass.
- Fallen Mountains — Kimi Cunningham Grant
- Again, where do all of these random thrillers I don’t recognize and none of my friends have read even come from?!
- Clueless: Senior Year — Amber Benson
- The Baby-Sitters Club Graphix #2: The Truth About Stacey — Raina Telgemeier & Ann M. Martin
- I read the first adaptation in the graphic novel series recently and thought it was really poorly adapted.
- Black Bird, Vol. 1 — Kanoko Sakurakouji
- Come Find Me — Megan Miranda
- Virtually Yours — Sarvenaz Tash
- A Lily Among Thorns — Rose Lerner
Remaining TBR: 1,464