Another month is over, so it’s time for another wrap-up!
✨ = review copy | ? = reread | ? = buddy read
? = audiobook | ? = Kindle Unlimited
? = graphic novel/manga/comics | ? = poetry
? = POC rep | ? = LGBTQ+ rep | ? = disability and/or MI rep | ? = fat rep
Ellyn invited me to join her in challenging ourselves to read 30 books in 30 days for April, and I can’t believe it, but not only did I manage to complete the challenge, I even surpassed it by 1! It involved a lot of graphic novels and short reads, but that’s still way more reading than I’ve done in any month so far this year, so I am REALLY proud of myself! ?
In order from best to worst…
- Clap When You Land
✨??? | ?????
- Guarding Temptation
✨??? | ?????
- Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?
- Something is Killing the Children, Vol. 1
✨?? | ?????
- Medicine Man
?? | ?????
- Camp Spirit
✨??? | ?????
- Eat, and Love Yourself
✨??? | ?????
- They Called Us Enemy
??? | ?????
- Alpha & Omega
?? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Bromance Book Club
- Bone Parish, Vol. 2
?? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dead as a Doornail
- Theirs for the Night
? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act
???? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Last Halloween: The Children
✨??? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Ghosted in LA, Vol. 1
✨???? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Red Pyramid
???? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Goosebumps: Download and Die!
??? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Always Human
????? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Moon Called
??? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Ghost Hunters Adventure Club and the Grande Chateau
? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Thief in the Nude
- Definitely Dead
- The Crossroads at Midnight
✨???? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Guild, Vol. 1
??? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Karen’s Witch
✨?? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Desperate Measures
?? | ⭐⭐⭐?
- Happily Ever After & Everything in Between
✨?? | ⭐⭐⭐
- Chew, Vol. 1
?? | ⭐⭐⭐
- How I Survived
✨?? | ⭐⭐
- How to Survive a Horror Movie
- 55 Slightly Sinister Stories
Not what it was marketed as, boring, bland, and poor writing.
- House of Penance
- You Died: An Anthology of the Afterlife
Too triggering, and mediocre at best, tbh.
Watched this Month:
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) | ? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐?
Still amazing. ♥
- The Evil Dead (1981) | ? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Also still amazing, in the worst possible way, kind of. ?
Listened to this Month:
- The Amazing Devil
If you didn’t know that Joey Batey, AKA Jaskier from The Witcher, has a band, now you know, and you’re welcome, because they’re incredible. I’ve listened to them every single day for weeks now and I’m ridiculously obsessed.
Played this Month:
- Animal Crossing
Nope, not slowing down any time soon…
- World of Final Fantasy
I’ve never gotten into any “capture”-type games before (Pokemon, Monster Hunter, etc.), but this is phenomenal! I don’t like the genre of games usually, but I feel like this is really well-done, plus it features so many classic FF characters from other games, and I love the easter eggs.
My Favorite Posts of the Month:
- I actually didn’t post anything “fun” this month — I think I only published 7 posts total, and 4 of them were weekly wraps. ?
Videos of the Month:
(click the thumbnails to see the videos!)
My Favorite Posts from OTHER Bloggers This Month:
- Marie wrote a review of THE PERFECT ESCAPE that made me so excited to pick up my (overdue, eep) eARC of it!
- Laura gave us an AMAZING list of shows to binge-watch!
- Jess wrote a review of KINGS OF THE WYLD that addressed the only fear that had been holding me back from this super hyped book, and made me 10x more excited to read it. (We stan books with NOT misogynistic old dudes!)
- Corey wrote a gushing ROLLING IN THE DEEP review that made me want to binge it all over again.
- Alana’s review of MY DARK VANESSA made me even MORE nervous to read it… but in a good, “I need this right now” kind of way.
- Sumedha reviewed THE BROMANCE BOOK CLUB and basically, I don’t even need to review this book now because Sumedha said it all for me?!
- Tay filled out the super cute Animal Crossing: New Horizons book tag, and this is totally at THE top of my “tags to do” list now.
- Kat published a SUPER insightful post about SEO, which I am woefully ignorant about, but really need to work on!
- Kathy wrote a HOUSE OF EARTH AND BLOOD review that made me even more excited to read it, and I didn’t even know that was possible until now.
- If I hadn’t already been looking forward to this Slytherin romance, Kal’s perfect review of THE SHADOWS BETWEEN US would have been all I needed to sell it to me!
- Sarah mixed a super positive review of MY DARK VANESSA with an amazing collection of quotes that has me feeling all kinds of feels.
- Ellyn came up with a list of books that need to be made into TV shows, and frankly, it’s flawless and I want to email it to Netflix 3,000 times until they make each and every one.
- Ari gushed about some books she wished she’d had a teen and legit made me choke up, so naturally, you need to go read it and get emotional, too (duh).
- Kal also talked about what she annotates in books, and not gonna lie, I kind of want to write in all my faves now?
— destiny ♥
twitter | booktube | bookstagram | facebook | goodreads
Haha <3 <3 thanks!
Congrats on finishing so many books!
I was planning on reading Something is killing the children later today, and starting Clap when you land as my next audiobook, so I’m so glad to see you loved both!
Thank you! Oooh, they’re both so good – I hope you enjoy them! 😀
I actually finished and loved both!!
I’m glad you had a great reading month, congrats on reading so many books! I’m excited to pick up Clap When You Land since I have loved the other Elizabeth Acevedo books I have read. I’m happy to see you enjoyed that one.
Thank you so much! Oh, it was so beautiful. It made me SOB lmao. I hope you love it but have tissues handy! <3
Wow! You read quite a lot of books! Glad this was such a good month for you! 😀
Also I didn’t know about “The Amazing Devil” and they make amazing music! Thanks for the tip! <3
Thank you soooo much! Omg, I’m so glad you checked out The Amazing Devil and enjoy them. 😀 I’m on a mission to make sure everyone checks them out haha. They are so talented! I really, really love Fair and Welly Boots. Their whole new album is amazing, though.
I’m so glad you had such a great reading month! I had a pretty good reading month myself, but I miss the days where school didn’t keep me from constantly reading every book I could get my hands on! I’m now considering the 30 books in 30 days challenge for myself in June, since i’ll have finished my semester by then! And I’m so happy to hear that you loved Clap When You land! I love Elizabeth Acevedo’s writing and I’m so excited to finally get to read her newest release!
Thank you, love! I’m glad you had a good reading month, too! I hope the end of your semester goes well, and good luck if you decide to do the 30 in 30 for June! It was a really fun challenge, though it was tough at the end of the month when I fell behind for a few days haha. Omg, Clap When You Land was honestly AMAZING. I can’t wait for you to read it! <3
Ahhhh thank you so much for sharing my post Destiny!! You had SUCH a good reading month omg. Eat, And Love Yourself and Something Is Killing the Children are both on my TBR and I’m hoping to get to them in May!
Aww you’re so welcome, friend! Ooohh I hope you love both of them, they were so good. Definitely check the TWs for Eat, and Love Yourself if eating disorder-related things bother you, but it was an excellent read all the time. ♥ Enjoy!
Aw thanks for linking post! <3 I'm glad you had such a great month reading. 🙂
linking *my post, lmao oops
You’re so welcome, dear ♥♥ love you!
Love you too!! <3
Ahh I’m so proud of you! 31!
I’m glad you enjoyed The Red Pyramid, I loved reading it with you! I honestly can’t wait for PJO!
Thank you so much for mentioning my post, I’m glad you enjoyed it! ??
Thank you! I’m so proud of YOU, too! Ahhh, I can’t wait for our PJO read. 😀 And you’re welcome! Any time, beautiful!
Ahhh, congrats on finishing so many books!!? Animal Crossing is the best haha!
Haha thank you so much! Omg, it really is ???
Oh my gosh congratulations on completing that challenge, that is certainly a big deal. I have Clap When You Land on my TBR, it’s getting quite a lot of hype and sounds interesting even if it’s not my usual sci-fi/fantasy/mystery/thriller type read.
Thanks for the links to some other cool posts, I’ll check some out.
Great job this month!
Thank you so much! Clap When You Land was really amazing and I could see it as going well even for people who don’t reach for the genre often, so I really hope you enjoy it. I just think Elizabeth Acevedo has such a way with words and with expressing emotions. It hit me hard at times, in a good way!
That’s great to hear, I have not read any of her work before.
You read THIRTY ONE BOOKS???? In a 30 day month?! WHO ARE YOU. DO YOU HAVE THE TIME TURNER. Excuse me while I try to process this information. Just.. WHAT.
(P. S. thanks for linking my review for The Bromance Book Club!)
Hahahah thank you!! <3 And you're welcome. It was a great review!
Way to knock books off your TBR!!
Thank you! 😀
WOW congratulations on reading so many books in the past month, this is INCREDIBLE! I’m happy you loved Clap when you land, so excited to read this one and some of the authors’ books 🙂
Thank you so, so much for sharing my post! I hope you’ll have a lovely May <3
Thank you so much, friend! 😀 And you’re so welcome. I hope your month is going beautifully!