The WINNER of last week’s “lows” vote was… *drumroll*
POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder!
As promised, I’ll now add this book to my “top-TBR” shelf on Goodreads to remind me to read it within the next 18 months.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
This week’s posts:
- Sionna made my TBR bigger as always!
- Ari always has amazing lists!
- Mandy was ruthless with those removals! ?
(books that are LOW on my TBR—vote in the comments for which one I should move UP on my list and I’ll read it within 18 months!)
1. Red Rising — Pierce Brown (owned)
2. When It’s Real — Erin Watt
3. Ivory and Bone — Julie Eshbaugh (owned)
4. Sleeping Beauties — Stephen King & Own King (owned)
5. The Queen’s Rising — Rebecca Ross (owned)
Since I’ve been adding so many, I’m going to shorten this by adding just a few keywords for each book!
1. I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 1 — Skottie Young (owned)
Adult fantasy/humor, graphic novel, marketed as Adventure Time/Alice in Wonderland/Tank Girl/Deadpool crossover
2. Daisy Jones & the Six — Taylor Jenkins Reid
Adult hist-fic, 60s/70s rock bands, told through interviews
3. You’d Be Mine — Erin Hahn (ARC)
YA contemporary, musicians/singers, country music (which I high key HATE but I’m hearing SUCH good reviews for this???)
4. My Boyfriend is a Bear — Pamela Ribon
Adult fantasy/romance, graphic novel, self-explanatory title, morbid curiosity
5. Changeling — William Ritter
MG fantasy, goblins, fae folk, adventures/mayhem
6. The Lights — Carrie Pack
YA horror, Christmas horror, f/f rep
7. Making Faces — Amy Harmon
YA contemporary, loose Beauty and the Beast retelling, wounded veterans, tearjerker
8. Wolfsong — T.J. Klune
New adult paranormal, m/m romance, werewolves
9. In Another Life — C.C. Hunter (ARC)
YA thriller, adopted MC
10. Pan’s Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun — Guillermo del Toro & Cornelia Funke (ARC)
YA/MG??? fantasy, illustrations, I literally just requested this the millisecond I saw it because I love the movie so much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
11. The Beholder — Anna Bright (ARC)
YA fantasy, alternative history, fjords(!!!! my fave!), ships (!!!! also my fave!), pitched as The Odyssey/Cinderella crossover
12. Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me — Mariko Tamaki
YA contemporary, graphic novel, queer rep, GORGEOUS artwork
13. Savage Species — Jonathan Janz (ARC)
Adult horror, re-release/novella bindup(?), baby-snatching evil creatures
14. The Nightmare Girl — Jonathan Janz (ARC)
Adult horror, re-release, cult members being cult-y
15. The Haunting of Henderson Close — Catherine Cavendish (ARC)
Adult horror, ghosts, Edinburgh setting