The WINNER of last week’s “lows” vote was… *drumroll*
UGLY LOVE by Colleen Hoover!
As promised, I’ll now add this book to my “top-TBR” shelf on Goodreads to remind me to read it within the next 18 months.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
(books that are LOW on my TBR—vote in the comments for which one I should move UP on my list and I’ll read it within 18 months!)
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin
- The Wizards of Once — Cressida Cowell
- Diary of a Haunting by M. Verano
- The Restorer by Amanda Stevens.
I like doing mini blurbs, but I’m typing this post up at 4:30am Sunday morning after spending the entire night finishing my bookshelf organization, so this week, it’s just covers, genres, and links. I’m sorry. ?
- Ghost Mine by Hunter Shea (adult horror)
- Echoes edited by Ellen Datlow (adult horror anthology; ghosts)
- Let Me Hear a Rhyme by Tiffany D. Jackson (YA contemporary)
- Full Disclosure by Camryn Garrett (YA contemporary; HIV+ teen)
- Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh (queer adult fantasy novella)
- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston (YA rom-com; Christmas setting)
- Hildafolk by Luke Pearson (MG adventure/fantasy graphic novel)
- Teeth in the Mist by Dawn Kurtagich (YA horror; Faust retelling)
- The Stillwater Girls by Minka Kent (adult thriller; cults)
- Black Bird, Vol. 1 by Kanoko Sakurakouji (adult fantasy romance manga; human/demon)
- Bloom into You, Vol. 1 by Nio Nakatani (YA/NA yuri romance manga)
- I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter (NA rom-com)
- Rebel by Beverly Jenkins (adult historical romance)
- Cheshire Crossing by Andy Weir & Sarah Andersen (MG/YA fantasy graphic novel)
- The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen (YA contemporary)
- Lycopolis by Ali Luke (adult horror/fantasy)
- The Duality of Nature by C. E. Clayton (YA fantasy)
- The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics (YA horror)
- Welcome to the Show edited by Matt Hayward & Doug Murano (adult horror anthology)
- Stain by A. G. Howard (YA fantasy; Princess and the Pea retelling)
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (YA mystery; Sherlock Holmes retelling)
- Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse (adult SFF)
- Tormented by Lee Mountford (adult horror)
- The Best Lies by Sarah Lyu (YA mystery)
- The Perfect Child by Lucinda Berry (adult thriller)
Which book from my “lows” do you think I should add to my “top-TBR” shelf?