The WINNER of last week’s “lows” vote was… *drumroll*
THE QUEEN OF THE TEARING by Erika Johansen!
As promised, I’ll now add this book to my “top-TBR” shelf on Goodreads to remind me to read it within the next 18 months.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
(books that are LOW on my TBR—vote in the comments for which one I should move UP on my list and I’ll read it within 18 months!)
- Jade City — Fonda Lee
- adult fantasy; a clan war comes to a boil between the only two crime syndicate families who control the island of Kekon, where magical jade is formed
- Girl at the Grave — Teri Bailey Black
- YA mystery/hist-fic; when Valentine becomes the suspect for a string of murders, the only person who believes in her innocence is the son of the man her mother murdered years ago
- The Cabin at the End of the World — Paul Tremblay
- adult horror; two husbands and their daughter are trying to have a cozy vacation when a strange man arrives and warns them that the world is ending and this family must stop it
- Foolish Hearts — Emma Mills
- YA contemporary; Claudia is made to work alongside an unlikely partner in producing the school’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but finds friends and new love
- Trigger Warning — Neil Gaiman
- adult fantasy/horror anthology; a collection of disturbing short stories
- Where the Crawdads Sing — Delia Owens
- adult hist-fic; in 1969, a man turns up dead and a strange, wild girl named Kya is suspected, but all she wants is to find love and a home
- Abbott — Saladin Ahmed
- adult fantasy/horror graphic novel; while investigating Detroit police brutality in the 70s, Elena Abbott uncovers supernatural forces controlled by politicians
- When I Arrived at the Castle — Emily Carroll
- adult horror graphic novel; an erotic gothic horror within the Countess’ castle
- The Seven Deadliest — edited by Patrick Beltran & D. Alexander Ward
- adult horror/fantasy anthology; an anthology revolving around stories of the seven deadly sins
All items below this point can be found in yesterday’s Stacking the Shelves.
Faker | The Toll | One Word Kill | The Empty Man | Monstress, Vol. 2 | American Gods, Vol. 1 | We Are the Perfect Girl | Crown of Coral and Pearl | Kingdom of Souls | The Resurrectionists | The Survival List | Super Fun Sexy Times
Which book from my “lows” do you think I should add to my “top-TBR” shelf?