The WINNER of last week’s “lows” vote was… *drumroll*
WILDCARD by Marie Lu!
As promised, I’ll now add this book to my “top-TBR” shelf on Goodreads to remind me to read it within the next 18 months.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5 titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”) OR find 5 titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
(books that are LOW on my TBR (BUT NOT BEING REMOVED)—vote in the comments for which one I should move UP on my list and I’ll read it within 18 months!)
- Godblind — Anna Stephens
- adult grimdark fantasy; I’ve heard a lot of love given to Anna’s writing and she gets called the “daughter of grimdark”, which honestly immediately intrigued me, but I also see my friends give it a lot of mixed reviews!
- The Novice — Taran Matharu
- YA fantasy; I don’t have a ton of interest in this series, honestly, but SO MANY of my friends love it that I’ve promised to try it… eventually
- Four Psychos — Kristy Cunning
- adult paranormal romance; I’ve still never read anything reverse harem-themed, and a few friends (Kayla and Sionna are the ones coming to mind now) have told me they really recommended this as an intro to RH!
- Rebecca — Daphne du Maurier
- adult classic/gothic; I don’t like classics much, but everyone raves about this aaallll the time, so I feel like I gotta at least try it?
- The Woman in Black — Susan Hill
- adult horror; this is another one that everyone raves about!
- Slave to Sensation — Nalini Singh
- adult paranormal romance; I’m finally starting the Psy-Changeling series! Talia Hibbert’s been posting so many great quotes from it lately.
- Stacking Doll — Carlton Mellick III
- adult bizarro horror; I really don’t know what this is about but I’m told CM3 is the master of indie bizarro and this seems to be one of his more approachable titles 😂
- In the River — Jeremy Robert Johnson
- adult horror/fantasy; a lot of my friends have raved about this one, and the setting sounds great
- Do Not Go Quietly — edited by Jason Sizemore & Lesley Conner
- adult sci-fi/fantasy anthology; a whole collection of short stories about sticking it to the man 😛
- The Starless Sea — Erin Morgenstern (november 2019)
- adult fantasy; I didn’t LOVE The Night Circus, but I want to give this author another chance!
- The Widow of Rose House — Diana Biller (october 2019)
- adult historical romance; I love historical romance, I love the late 1800s as a setting, and I love stories about widows and widowers 🤷♀️
- Sin & Chocolate — K.F. Breene (kindle unlimited)
- adult paranormal fantasy; romance with a demigod! This one was a rec from Sionna, like a lot of the additions I made this week 😂
- New Ink on Life — Jennie Davids
- adult romance; more f/f tattooed lady romances pls
- My Sister, the Serial Killer — Oyinkan Braithwaite
- adult mystery; sometimes you see a million people talk about a book and none of them spark your interest until you find just the right review, and that’s what happened when I read Sarah’s review of this one a few days ago 😍
- Osgood as Gone — Cooper S. Beckett
- adult horror/mystery; a few friends loved this recently and it sounds very Scooby-Gang-esque, which I love
- A Five-Minute Life — Emma Scott
- new adult romance; this sounds so tragic and sad and soft which automatically landed it on my TBR
- Paramourn — John Edward Lawson
- adult horror/romance; fun fact that very few people know about me: I adore horror erotica 😂 #monsterfuckers for life, I guess
- Keep This to Yourself — Tom Ryan
- YA thriller; Kal made this one sound so good, and I need more queer thrillers tbh
- Aching God — Mike Shel (kindle unlimited)
- adult grimdark fantasy; I think I found this through one of Grimdark Dad’s reviews? I just remember it sounding awesome!
- Black Feathers and Dead Things — Stephen Williams
- adult horror; Cassie’s review made this sound so good, and I’m a sucker for horror chapbooks!
- A Violet Fire — Kelsey Quick (ARC; december 2019)
- NA paranormal; I think this is NA, but it might be YA? It’s about vampires and the author was so kind and lovely in her request email, I just had to say yes!
- If You See Her — Ania Ahlborn (kindle unlimited)
- adult horror; have you ever had an author go on your auto-add-to-TBR list even though you’ve never read anything by them? Ania’s one of those for me.
- Thirsty — Mia Hopkins
- adult romance; when Talia Hibbert raves, I add 🤷♀️
- Ghoster — Jason Arnopp (october 2019)
- adult horror; this sounds SO CREEPY and amazing and I am definitely requesting a copy closer to its release!
Descriptions for all items below this point can be found in yesterday’s Stacking the Shelves post!
Which book from my “lows” do you think I should add to my “top-TBR” shelf?