The WINNER of last week’s “lows” vote was… *drumroll*
REBECCA by Daphne du Maurier!
As promised, I’ll now add this book to my “top-TBR” shelf on Goodreads to remind me to read it within the next 18 months.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5 titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”) OR find 5 titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
(books that are LOW on my TBR (BUT NOT BEING REMOVED)—vote in the comments for which one I should move UP on my list and I’ll read it within 18 months!)
- The Demonologist — Gerald Brittle
- adult nonfic; a collection of events from Ed and Lorraine Warren’s lives, which sounds pretty interesting even if I might not believe the same things they believed
- The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures — Aaron Mahnke
- adult nonfic; a guide to cryptids and monsters I’ve been eyeing forever
- The Witch Boy — Molly Ostertag
- MG fantasy graphic novel; a graphic novel about a boy who wants to be a witch, and it looks so cute!
- Bones Are Made to Be Broken — Paul Michael Anderson
- adult horror short stories; I read one of PMA’s shorts in another anthology and loved it so I’ve been meaning to check out more from him!
- Baby Teeth — Zoje Stage
- adult horror; this has gotten SUCH mixed reviews but I love creepy-kid stuff
- Immunity — Erin Bowman (ARC en route; july 2019)
- YA sci-fi/horror; I loved book 1, Contagion, and can’t wait to finish the duology!
- Frozen Pact — Kat Green (kindle unlimited)
- adult horror; it sounds creepy & it’s hella short
- Cuckoo Song — Frances Hardinge
- YA horror; tbh, I don’t add YA horror to my TBR often, but this involves some creepy dolls and stuff, and sounds pretty cool
- Gumption — Nick Offerman
- adult nonfic/humor; I actually got this as a freebie at work while a co-worker was weeding the nonfic collection and I’m pretty excited for it
- How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind — Dana K. White
- adult nonfic; I’m reading her book Decluttering at the Speed of Life right now and it’s been incredibly insightful (and funny!), so I’m gonna check this out
Descriptions for all items below this point can be found in yesterday’s Stacking the Shelves post!
- The Hive — Barry Lyga (ARC; september 2019)
- YA dystopia; this reminds me of a Black Mirror episode so I’m intrigued
- The Twisted Ones — T. Kingfisher (ARC; october 2019)
- adult horror; this sounds so spooky!
- Small Kingdoms and Other Stories — Charlaine Harris
- adult mystery; I’m in a Charlaine Harris mood lately 🤷♀️
- My Absolute Darling — Gabriel Tallent
- adult thriller; reading this one for a GR group read!
- The Turn of the Screw — Henry James (kindle unlimited)
- adult horror; another GR group read
- Dahlia Black — Keith Thomas (ARC; august 2019)
- adult sci-fi; this is comp’d loosely to World War Z with aliens and genetics weirdness, so it sounds really neat
Which book from my “lows” do you think I should add to my “top-TBR” shelf?