The WINNER of last week’s “lows” vote was… *drumroll*
THRALL by Avon Gale & Roan Parrish!
Sadly, nobody voted last week! 🙁 So, this was the result of me setting Google’s RNG (random number generator) to choose between 1 and 5.
As promised, I’ll now add this book to my “top-TBR” shelf on Goodreads to remind me to read it within the next 18 months.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5 titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”) OR find 5 titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
(books that are LOW on my TBR (BUT NOT BEING REMOVED)—vote in the comments for which one I should move UP on my list and I’ll read it within 18 months!)
- The Gladiator’s Downfall — Kristen Banet [adult fantasy/romance]
- A 1,000+ old winged/horned/tailed former-slave-turned-gladiator Champion MC… she sounds so badass, I can’t help but need to read this.
- Kings of the Wyld — Nicholas Eames [adult fantasy]
- I swear, I’ve heard so many rave reviews for this series and it sounds SO GOOD! I don’t think I’ve ever really gotten to read about older, washed-up former warriors getting back together like this, and it just sounds awesome.
- The Creeping — Alexandra Sirowy [YA horror]
- I’ve been meaning to read this for ages and keep forgetting I have it. I just really dig creepy kid stories, you know?
- Pestilence — Laura Thalassa [new adult fantasy/romance]
- This series has reached the point of “I’ve hyped myself up so much for this that I’m terrified to actually READ it”. PLEASE MAKE ME READ THIS.
- The Mighty Heart of Sunny St. James — Ashley Herring Blake [MG contemporary]
- I actually can’t believe I haven’t read this, given how much I love AHB’s queer girl stories?!
- What I Like About You — Marisa Kanter [YA romance]
- I love online dating tropes in books ?
- Brown Girl Ghosted — Mintie Das [YA thriller]
- A YA #MeToo-inspired thriller with a supernatural twist… and murder ?
- Dig — A.S. King [YA contemporary]
- I really don’t have a clue what this is about, but I’ve been wanting to check out something else by King after liking Please Ignore Vera Dietz a few years back.
- Black Leviathan — Bernd Perplies [adult fantasy]
- DRAGONS ????? Massive freakin’ dragons.
- The Oddmire, Book 2: The Unready Queen — William Ritter [MG fantasy]
- The first book was SO PRECIOUS and I can’t wait for the second one!
- A Very Scalzi Christmas — John Scalzi [adult SFF short stories]
- Fifteen short Christmas-themed stories!
- Midnight in the Graveyard — edited by Kenneth W. Cain [adult horror anthology]
- Lots of authors I already like in this one!
Descriptions for all additions or “highs” below this point can be found in the latest Stacking the Shelves post!
- Dreams of Lake Drukka / Exhumation — Mike Thorn [adult horror short story duo; eARC]
- Idle Days — Thomas Desaulniers-Brousseau [adult hist-fic graphic novel; physical library loan]
- The Unsound — Cullen Bunn [adult horror graphic novel; physical library loan]
- Farmhand, Vol. 1 — Rob Guillory [adult horror graphic novel; physical library loan]
- Dead Meat: Day 1 — Nick Clausen [YA horror novella; eARC]
Which book from my “lows” do you think I should add to my “top-TBR” shelf?
— destiny ♥