The WINNER of last week’s “lows” vote was… *drumroll*
THE MURDERS OF MOLLY SOUTHBOURNE by Tade Thompson!
As promised, I’ll now add this book to my “top-TBR” shelf on Goodreads to remind me to read it soon!
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5 titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”) OR find 5 titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
My “lows” voting list has gotten really long by now, and I need to give myself some time to catch up on it, so I’m going to be leaving my “lows” empty for a little while. Instead, I want to ask you all to tell me which of my “highs” you’re most interested in (or, if you’ve read any of them, what you thought of them) to help me decide which ones to read soonest!
- Gods & Monsters — Janie Marie [adult paranormal romance; kindle unlimited]
- I’m not even really sure what this is about, I just know it has vampires, and… fallen angels, maybe… and a really badass cover? And it’s on Kindle Unlimited so it’s worth a shot!
- Down Comes the Night — Allison Saft [YA fantasy]
- “A gothic romance set in a Guillermo del Toro-esque world about a healer torn between duty and her heart, a soldier broken by his crimes, and the darkness that threatens to consume them.” SOLD
- The Invention of Sound — Chuck Palahniuk [adult horror]
- “A foley artist looking for the ultimate scream, and the hideous lengths she’ll go to in order to find it.” ALSO SOLD
- Under Locke — Mariana Zapata [adult romance; kindle unlimited]
- After how much I loved Dear Aaron, I really need to read more by Zapata and this one just seems fun. I’ve never read a motorcycle club romance. Plus, I guess the love interest runs a tattoo shop? I dig.
- The Winter Duke — Claire Eliza Bartlett [YA fantasy]
- A duke’s daughter unexpectedly inherits the title of the duke… and a bride??? HOLY SHIT, this is the queer royals fantasy my heart needs?!
- Cemetery Boys — Aiden Thomas [YA paranormal]
- A trans boy summons a ghost from a graveyard and they fall in love ???? PLEASE, I NEED THIS SO MUCH SOONER THAN JUNE 2020?!
- The State of Us — Shaun David Hutchison [YA contemporary]
- Sons of opposing presidential candidates ? fall in love ? so help me, SDH better not do us dirty with this one ?
- Pippa Park Raises Her Game — Erin Yun [MG contemporary]
- An own-voices story about a Korean-American girl who wants to “reinvent” herself in her new school, but runs into some problems along the way. This cover is so stinking cute, y’all.
- Laughing at Shadows — Brett Reistroffer (editor) [adult horror anthology]
- One of my literal favorite things IN THE WORLD(!) is when horror and comedy are fused together, and this is a whole damn collection of that, AND an ARC of this showed up in my mail yesterday ???
Which book from my “HIGHS” would you read first?
— destiny ♥