It’s time for another round of Tag Thursday! This one came from Siobhan’s Novelties — thanks, Siobhan! ♥
1. you have 20,000 books on your TBR. how do you decide what to read next?
Well, 1) I feel personally called out, and this is rude. 2) Probably a TBR jar or mood reading. Or following themed readathons like we have in Devour Your TBR.
2. you’re halfway through a book, and you’re just not loving it. do you put it down or are you committed?
If I’m hating it enough to have fun hate-reading it, I might finish, but otherwise, I’ll probably DNF it.
3. the end of the year is coming, and you’re behind on your reading challenge. do you try to catch up? and if so, how?
Yes: graphic novels, manga, poetry collections, and novellas.
4. the covers of a series you love do not match. how do you cope?
It’s annoying, but it’s really not a soul-crushing thing for me.
5. everyone and their mother love a book that you do not. who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Well, Sionna and I have a running joke that our ratings for books are almost always near-identical, so maybe her?
6. you’re reading a book in public, and you’re about to start crying. how do you deal?
Snap the book shut SO FAST. I can’t stand for people to see me cry! Even if it’s just my spouse, unless I am just full-on DEVASTATED over something, I’m always like, “Don’t look at me!” and hiding my face. I don’t know why, I’ve just always been that way!
7. the sequel to a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. are you going to reread it?
This happens fairly often to me, especially since there are so many series where there are ARCs of book 1, and not for the other books (or they’re harder to get), which makes an even bigger gap between reading them. I usually look for spoiler-y reviews, and if that doesn’t work, I’ll skim the last book.
8. you do not want anyone to borrow your books. how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I’m reeeaaalllllly iffy about loaning out books, but thankfully, it’s not something I get asked for, well… basically ever. That said, I’ve been known to just say outright, “I’m sorry, but I’m really careful with my books, so you should know if there’s any damage at all, I’m going to ask you to replace it.” That makes 99% of people go, “Oh, uh… I’ll just get it from the library” or something similar. 😛
9. you have picked up and put down five books in the last month. how do you get over this reading slump?
Ha, wow, hello 2019 so far! *sigh* I don’t know, I’ve been struggling with this on and off all year and nothing’s been helping much, but usually rereading a favorite fixes it.
10. there are so many books coming out that you are dying to read. how many do you end up buying?
A year ago, I’d have said, “All of them?” but I’ve done really well with my book buying ban this year, so I’ll go with, “Only the ones I know I’ll read IMMEDIATELY after they arrive!”
11. after you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read, how long do they sit on your shelf before you read them?
… well, I never! *huffs*
T A G S :
I tag EVERYONE!
twitter | bookstagram | facebook | goodreads