Happy Tag Thursday, friends!
I was tagged in this one by Meaghan over at Hail and Well Read! Meaghan’s blog is literally one of my FAVORITES and I absolutely recommend giving it a follow!
- Answer the questions given to you by your nominator
- Make up your own questions and tag others!
1. Would you rather someone borrowed a book and returned it damaged, or never returned it at all?
I suppose damaged, because then I’d at least have the book, but either way would make me so upset! I’m a big believer that, if you borrow a book from someone and lose it or seriously damage it, you owe that person a replacement!
2. Would you rather have to read your least favorite genre at least once a month without DNFing, or never read your favorite genre again?
Definitely my least favorite genre! I couldn’t imagine never again getting to pick up a horror book.
3. Would you rather buy from your local indie, or the local indie of the author whose book you’re buying?
I actually don’t have any indie stores particularly close to me except one that only stocks children’s books and another that only stocks religious texts, so I guess I’ll go with one near the author! Especially because in those cases, you often can get signed copies!
4. Would you rather read a book a day for a month but never get to review them, or read only one book in a month but review it in full?
A book a day, for sure. Reading is much more important to me than reviewing, and only being able to read one book a month would honestly hurt my heart.
5. Would you rather watch the movie adaptation or the TV adaptation?
It totally depends on the story! Some stories would work better for a movie (like romance novels), while others would suit a show better (like epic fantasies).
6. Would you rather meet your favorite author over and over again, or meet multiple authors but only once each?
That’s a tough one! I guess I’ll say multiple authors once each?
7. Would you rather your favorite ship never gets together at all, or that they realize their mutual affection before being permanently parted?
Okay, this one is just CRUEL! lmao! How dare you, Meaghan?! Um… I’ll go with the latter because I do enjoy a good angsty ending, whereas I’m just frustrated by ships that don’t get together.
8. Would you rather take the place of a protagonist in a contemporary book or a fantasy book?
Oof… probably contemporary! Especially if it could be a happy, laid-back contemporary. I mean, some of these fantasy worlds are hella cool, but I don’t want to be thrown into White London or something…
9. Would you rather choose your next read by pulling a title out of a hat, or by letting someone else choose for you?
A hat! I love random TBR picks.
10. Would you rather your favorite book/series got a massive but often obnoxious following, or that there’s basically two pieces of fan art and one fanfiction of your OTP ever?
Honestly, I can’t count how many fandoms have been ruined for me by assholes, and I also can’t count how many fandoms I love that have little to no fanart or fanfic, so definitely the latter. I’d rather yearn than rage.
- Would you rather a series you love never get its final book, or have its final book with an ending you dislike?
- Would you rather your favorite series get a cheesy adaptation with the perfect cast, or an otherwise good adaptation with a cast you hate?
- Would you rather cry at every book you read, or never feel strong emotions about any book you read?
- Would you rather meet your favorite author or your favorite character?
- Would you rather every book you read have romance, or never read a book with a romance again?
- Would you rather read a book with a great plot and unlikable characters, or a boring plot and amazing characters?
- Would you rather visit any bookish world you want, but only for an hour, or only visit one bookish world, but stay as long as you want?
- Would you rather never blog again, or have to post a blog post every single day?
- Would you rather give up your blog and keep all bookish social media, or keep your blog and leave all bookish social media?
- Would you rather read outside on a sunny day, or inside on a rainy day?
— destiny ♥
twitter | booktube | bookstagram | facebook | goodreads