It’s time for a weekly check-in!
I finally feel like I’m getting back into some semblance of a routine again and it’s awesome! I’ve been listening to audiobooks pretty much nonstop, buying way too many books, and I checked out a whole stack of graphic novels from the library last week (my first time browsing a physical library branch since 2020!!), so I can only hope I keep up this feeling I’ve been having lately of wanting to read non-stop! I was feeling a little slumpy so far this year from all the busy work with renovation stuff, so it’s nice to feel normal again! 🥰
I don’t even know what’s going on with the absolute slew of amazing reads I’m having lately, but I really hope it keeps up!
- Throne of Glass // Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (RE-READ)
- Messy Minimalism // Rachelle Crawford ❌ DNF
- Crown of Midnight // Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (RE-READ)
- What Lies in the Woods // Kate Alice Marshall ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires // Grady Hendrix ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Moth Keeper // Kay O’Neill ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Annihilation // Jeff VanderMeer ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Heir of Fire // Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (RE-READ)
- Batcat // Meggie Ramm ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
One of my March goals was to reduce my list of current reads, but that hasn’t really happened! I’m definitely planning on carrying that goal over into April, though, because I see quite a few things on this list that I know I could knock out quickly if I commit to it!
📚 current reads 📚
- House of Earth and Blood // Sarah J. Maas → 71%
- Swordheart // T. Kingfisher → 16%
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue // V.E. Schwab → 15%
- Book Lovers // Emily Henry → 47%
- From Blood and Ash // Jennifer L. Armentrout → 15%
- The Exorcist’s House // Nick Roberts → 12%
- Haunted Healthcare // Richard Estep → 20%
- Godkiller // Hannah Kaner → 9%
- Churn the Soil // Steve Stred → 10%
- Fruits Basket Collector’s Edition, Vol. 1 // Natsuki Takaya → 67% (RE-READ)
- Silent Dawn // C.L. Raven → 18%
- Do I Have to Wear Black? // Mortellus →
- Is It Hot in Here (Or Am I Suffering for All Eternity for the Sins I Committed on Earth)? // Zach Zimmerman → 74%
- Stop Buying Bins: & other blunt but practical advice from a home organizer // Bonnie Borromeo Tomlinson → 43%
BABYMETAL is fully about to pull me back into my J-rock era for the first time in a looong time. I’m obsessed with this edition of this song right now. ♥
Heads up: you can always friend me on Letterboxd if you wanna see my movie mini reviews!
What are you reading right now, or what did you recently finish? Is anything exciting happening in your life? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥
YEEEEESSSSSSS! I’m so excited for you to get pulled back into your J-rock era! P.S. what graphic novels did you check out? Curious minds would like to know!
Haha right?! <3 I checked out volumes 1 & 2 of the Animorphs GN, Junkwraith, and Thirsty Mermaids!
Instantly adding to my never ending list of all your recommendations! I just need to make a spread sheet at this point! Let me know how you like them especially Thirsty Mermaids! Not me hoping it’s sapphic af! ♥
WOW!!! SO many amazing reads and that’s awesome!! I love it when that happens. I hope you have a wonderful week. Yay, for going to a physical library, too! <3
Thank you, Leslie! It was so nice and Isaac’s so excited about our new weekly storytime plans! 🥰 I hope your week is treating you well!!
YES TO THE JROCK ERA! So sorta on topic, I saw BAND-MAID in concert recently and I really liked them, and it makes me think I need to give other girl jrock bands more of a try again! I did love Exist Trace back in the day too~ I haven’t listened to much BABYMETAL but I know who they are of course!
Ooooh, definitely going to have to look up BAND-MAID, thank you for the rec! 🤩 I wasn’t much of a BABYMETAL fan with their original sound tbh, but I’m living for this new album they just dropped!
I hope you like BAND-MAID too~! And ohhh good to know about BABYMETAL – I’ll give their new album a listen then! 😀
Yes! Glad you liked Southern Book Club!! The Moth Keeper looks so so cute. Good luck on all those current reads!!!
Thank you!!! 😀 One of these days, I’ll whittle that list down to a reasonable number lol!
ahh it’s so good to get back into a routine! I feel like I’ve been slowly working my way back into mine this past month. It’s always great.
It really is! I love this for both of us, I’m so glad you’re slowly getting back on track too! 🥰
Haunted Healthcare looks so creepy!
It’s been creepy so far! I love stories like the ones in that book – I feel like hospital workers, etc. always have stories to tell! 😅