Let’s look back on my 2022 reading goals!
(While you’re at it, feel free to check out my 2023 goals if you missed them!)
Despite January being almost over, I haven’t done any of my 2022 “wrap up” posts (like my favorite books of the year). It’s never too late though, right? I thought I’d start off with a glance back at my 2022 goals and how they went! I had a mix of “life”, reading, and content goals for 2022, and I think I did pretty well overall.
✨ life goals ✨
I had 3 “life goals” for 2022:
1. Time management: I wanted to spend less time on Twitch and social media in 2022, and I did a great job with this one. I spent a LOT less time on Twitch in particular, which made me feel a little bit guilty (especially when it comes to close friends and the streamers I’m a moderator for). Thankfully, everyone was very understanding and it helped with my mental health immensely!
2. Daily routines: While I didn’t end up sticking to a set daily routine for long, I started tracking my habits religiously with Habitica (which is one of my all-time favorite sites/apps!) and realized that I didn’t need a strict schedule as much as I needed something to hold myself accountable with. I’m calling this one a win!
3. Bullet journaling: Not only did I stick to my reading journal very well in 2022, but I enjoyed it so much that it motivated me to try out a regular non-bookish bullet journal again, and I’ve been absolutely loving it! It’s been such a fun artistic outlet and it motivates me!
✨ reading goals ✨
I had 4 reading goals for 2022:
1. 3-4 current reads at a time, maximum: I stuck to this one for a whopping two months before breaking it, and I never made it back to this goal by the end of the year. 😅 It’s on my 2023 goals, too, but I haven’t quite achieved it for this year yet, either.
2. 3 TBR jar picks per month: I did GREAT with this goal! I think December was the only month where I didn’t complete my TBR jar picks.
3. Choose review copies carefully: While I still ended up with a few here or there that I regretted requesting or accepting, I was much pickier in 2022 and feel like I succeeded more or less here.
4. Read more current releases: I definitely read more new (and new-ish) releases in 2022 than the past few years! According to my spreadsheet, about 75% of what I read in 2022 was published in 2020 or later.
✨ content creation goals ✨
I had 3 content creation goals, and this was the most tentative of my lists because I wasn’t quite sure where I wanted to go with my content in 2022. I’m still not exactly sure what my 2023 goals are regarding this, because I’m still missing creating some video-based content and I can’t figure out if I want to come back to booktube or try out IG reels or what. I know I’m not cut out for booktok, that’s for sure. 😅
1. A consistent blogging schedule: I did get better about posting weekly updates, but I didn’t really get back into a routine last year.
2. More bookstagram content: I definitely posted more on bookstagram in 2022! I had barely posted anything from 2019 to 2021, so the fact that I posted something every month in 2022 — and posted on a weekly basis most months, sometimes even a few times per week — was a HUGE accomplishment!
3. Video content: I made a couple of IG reels, but nothing fancy. It did feel good to make and edit those reels, though, and I’ve really been feeling the bug lately, so… we’ll see 👀
That’s it! Overall, I feel like I did pretty well with my 2022 goals and I’m proud of my progress. Mostly, I’m really proud of how much I took back my personal time and learned to set boundaries for myself last year, and that’s a theme I definitely want to continue improving this year. 🥰
How did your 2022 goals go? Did you have any reading OR non-bookish goals that you succeeded at? Come celebrate with me!
— destiny ♥