It’s time for the Quarter Year Crisis book tag!
I can’t believe we’re already a full quarter into 2023, but here we are! Caro tagged me in this tag and I love “check-in” tags like this, so you know I had to add it to my blog schedule right away. The tag was originally created by Roison, whose video is here!
1. How many books have you read so far?
39 (hopefully finishing #40 by the time this post goes up!).
2. Have you already found a book you think might be a 2023 favorite?
Definitely The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires! I can’t believe how much I adored this one.
3. What was your favorite book you read that wasn’t quite five-star?
Probably Ark by Veronica Roth. It’s a short novella on KU and it was my first time reading anything by this author since back when the Divergent books were new, and I had forgotten how captivating her writing can be!
4. Any least favorite books of the year?
I’ve been a bit brutal on some of my reads so far this year, but none of them made me quite as angry as Tell Me I’m Worthless. I really hated it and get a little grumpy every time I see the cover and remember how disappointed I was! 😅
5. Most-read genre so far?
Horror, to nobody’s surprise! I am surprised, though, that nonfiction is tied with fantasy for my second most-read genre!
6. Book that’s come out in 2023 already that you want to read but haven’t yet?
7. One goal you made that you’re succeeding at:
One of my biggest goals was to make smaller TBR lists, and I’ve been doing a great job with that!
8. One goal you made you need to focus on:
Oof, this one’s easy: fewer current reads! 🙈 I’m doing horribly at this goal!!
9. New-to-you book bloggers for 2023 you recommend?
I sadly haven’t been finding new bloggers much lately, so I’m going to turn this question around and ask YOU all to comment with one blogger you think I should follow!
💖 TAGS 💖
If you see this, TAG, you’re it!
— destiny ♥