It’s time for the third (and final) of my “2023 goals” posts: my 2023 TBR!
In case you’ve missed them, you can find my other two 2023 goals posts here: series I want to read and general reading goals!
Like I mentioned in my general reading goals post, I decided to go with smaller TBR lists for 2023. While my 2022 TBR was 22 books long, my 2023 TBR is only 12 books long: one book per month!
This year, I’m going with a mix of anticipated 2023 releases, 2022 new hauls I’m excited about, and a couple of books that have been on my TBR way too long.
- Breakable Things // Cassandra Khaw: I love Cass’s writing and can’t wait to check out their new short story collection!
- Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun // Elle Cosimano: I LOVED the first 2 books in this series. Leslie, are you up for another buddy read? 😄
- Radiance // Grace Draven: I’ve been eyeing this book WAY too long!
- How to Sell a Haunted House // Grady Hendrix: I love Grady’s books and am so hyped for this 2023 release!
- The Shadow of What Was Lost // James Islington: This is one of my spouse’s favorite series and has been on my TBR for what feels like forever!
- The Kaiju Preservation Society // John Scalzi: Jamie bought me this for my birthday and I’ve been itching to read it since then!
- Marla // Jonathan Janz: I mean, it’s Jonathan Janz… you guys already know I’ve gotta get to this one ASAP!
- The Dismembered // Jonathan Janz: That’s right, we were blessed with a few new Janz titles in 2022, and I need to catch up!
- Exquisite Corpse // Poppy Z. Brite: I’ve heard people rave about this book for YEARS and my spouse bought me a copy for my birthday!
- Pet Sematary // Stephen King: I’ve been saying for years that I’d read this as soon as I got past my severe trigger of child loss in books, and lately, I’ve been able to read some books including that theme, so fingers crossed this works out for me!
- A House With Good Bones // T. Kingfisher: Kingfisher has become an absolute auto-read author for me and this upcoming release of hers sounds awesome!
- Legends & Lattes // Travis Baldree: I’ve been meaning to read this for a year or longer and haven’t yet, but it’s the Books Out of the Blue January group read, which means this will probably be my first read from this list!
Have you decided on your 2023 TBR yet?
— destiny ♥
I wish my TBR lists were this short, lol. We definitely have books in common, like the new Kingfisher and Hendrix😁
Lol!! I HAVE to start making shorter TBRs, I got so overwhelmed with how long I made them for 2022! 😂 Oooh, I hope we both love those. I have good feelings about both books! 😀
I would totally be down for a buddy read of Radiance if you are?
Absolutely!! Let’s add it to our list! 😀
Yay!! We are going to end up with buddy reads every month at this rate 😂
Haha I’m okay with that!!
OMG! Yes!! Totally forgot about Finley and absolutely, lets do it!!
YAAAAAY! Do you have the ARC or eARC? I got it from Netgalley but I don’t mind waiting until after the pub date if you didn’t request it or don’t want to bother with the ARC – just let me know 🥰
I was declined 😭😭😭😭 so I have to wait for the pub date! I’m so upset about it. Lol
Oh nooo, I’m so sorry! 😭
Legends and Lattes yes…and How to Sell a Haunted House Yes!! I’m thinking I may start the new year with my first ever Sanderson book, either Steelheart or The Final Empire! Very excited!
Oooh that sounds so exciting, I hope you love it!!
Loved seeing your 2023 TBR ❤️ I haven’t been doing annual TBR’s, as I never manage to read all the books, but 12 books (one for each month) sounds like a great idea! I’m also hoping to read Legends & Lattes next year 🥰
Thank you! 😀 I don’t remember the last time I did an annual TBR that felt “manageable” like this, and not like a huge challenge, so I’m feeling very optimistic. I can’t wait to read Legends & Lattes and I hope we both love it!
Legends and Lattes is excellent~!
I’m so excited to read it and so glad you liked it!!