It’s time for the third (and final) of my “2023 goals” posts: my 2023 TBR!
Like I mentioned in my general reading goals post, I decided to go with smaller TBR lists for 2023. While my 2022 TBR was 22 books long, my 2023 TBR is only 12 books long: one book per month!
This year, I’m going with a mix of anticipated 2023 releases, 2022 new hauls I’m excited about, and a couple of books that have been on my TBR way too long.
- Breakable Things // Cassandra Khaw: I love Cass’s writing and can’t wait to check out their new short story collection!
- Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun // Elle Cosimano: I LOVED the first 2 books in this series. Leslie, are you up for another buddy read? 😄
- Radiance // Grace Draven: I’ve been eyeing this book WAY too long!
- How to Sell a Haunted House // Grady Hendrix: I love Grady’s books and am so hyped for this 2023 release!
- The Shadow of What Was Lost // James Islington: This is one of my spouse’s favorite series and has been on my TBR for what feels like forever!
- The Kaiju Preservation Society // John Scalzi: Jamie bought me this for my birthday and I’ve been itching to read it since then!
- Marla // Jonathan Janz: I mean, it’s Jonathan Janz… you guys already know I’ve gotta get to this one ASAP!
- The Dismembered // Jonathan Janz: That’s right, we were blessed with a few new Janz titles in 2022, and I need to catch up!
- Exquisite Corpse // Poppy Z. Brite: I’ve heard people rave about this book for YEARS and my spouse bought me a copy for my birthday!
- Pet Sematary // Stephen King: I’ve been saying for years that I’d read this as soon as I got past my severe trigger of child loss in books, and lately, I’ve been able to read some books including that theme, so fingers crossed this works out for me!
- A House With Good Bones // T. Kingfisher: Kingfisher has become an absolute auto-read author for me and this upcoming release of hers sounds awesome!
- Legends & Lattes // Travis Baldree: I’ve been meaning to read this for a year or longer and haven’t yet, but it’s the Books Out of the Blue January group read, which means this will probably be my first read from this list!
Have you decided on your 2023 TBR yet?
— destiny ♥