(image credit goes to Shealea!)
This is my FOURTEENTH and FINAL post in the #Project14Lists series, hosted by Shealea at That Bookshelf Bitch! You can find more information here, as well as a thread of my posts for the event here.
Previous #Project14Lists Posts:
1. Winter TBR
2. #Short-a-Thon: Graphic Novel/Manga Goals
3. 2019’s General “Life” Resolutions & Goals
4. 2019’s Reading Resolutions & Goals
5. 10 TV Shows I Want to Watch in 2019
6. Random Bookish Facts About Me!
7. 10 Movies I Want to Finally See in 2019
8. 2019 Releases I WISH I Could Find Under My Christmas Tree
9. 24 Books On My 2019 TBR
10. Reading Challenges & How I’m Sticking to Them in 2019!
11. 10 Games I Want to (re)Play in 2019
12. Authors I Want to Read More From in 2019
13. Authors I Want to Start Loving in 2019
Today’s #Project14Lists post is…
5 Big 2019 BLOG Changes!
This is a post I’ve been really looking forward to, as I have quite a few BIG CHANGES planned for my blog in the coming year—and what better day to talk about them than the final day of the ending year? (Happy new year’s eve, everyone!)
1. LIVE CHALLENGE & TBR UPDATES
As I said in my reading challenges post, the biggest way I’ll be staying on top of my challenges will be through keeping a page (which you can view HERE) pinned to my menu bar at the top, where I’ll post routine updates to my challenges and TBR as I go!
You’ll also notice the “TBR Beast” page has changed—instead of a text list, it’s now a Google Sheets spreadsheet! You should also be able to comment directly on the spreadsheet!
2. CHANGES TO MONTHLY TBR/HAUL/WRAP POSTS
A few things will be changing with my “monthlies”:
- SMALLER TBR LISTS: I’ve been making huge TBRs each month and stressing out too much over them. No more!
- NO REVIEW COPIES IN TBR LISTS: Ever! I want to stop focusing only on forcing myself to read ARCs in order of release date and to instead read WHAT I want, WHEN I want!
- “TRY A CHAPTER” CHALLENGE: If you missed my first “try a chapter” challenge, you can view it HERE!
- UNHAUL CHALLENGE: I’m continuing the “unhaul challenge”, but lowering it to one book per month. I’m not going to take suggestions on Twitter & GR anymore, but I’ll be taking suggestions here, on my blog instead—in each month’s TBR post, I’ll ask you guys to suggest what my “unhaul challenge” title should be for that month!
- CHALLENGE UPDATES: For easy updates, I’ll add a section to my wrap-up posts including details on that month’s progress towards challenges!
- MIXED MEDIA REVIEWS: I want to start adding very short mini-reviews for films, video games, and maybe even music I’m currently enjoying!
- SPLIT HAULS: I just started splitting hauls between “physical” and “digital” and got a lot of positive feedback, so that’s staying. The split posts give me more of a chance to talk about the titles being hauled instead of just posting lists of titles!
- SMALLER HAULS: With the new “read 5 buy 1” challenge plus my “borrow more, buy less” goals for the year, you can expect substantially smaller purchase hauls from me after December’s haul posts. December, though… heh. ?
3. GETTING BACK TO MY REVIEW ROOTS
If you’ve been around a long time, you might remember that my reviews used to be a lot more FUN. I used to joke around a lot more and fangirl and geek out and swear and all kinds of shit, and somewhere along the line, I lost that and got way too serious?
So, my biggest review-related goal for 2019 is to get back to my roots and have FUN with my reviews again! And hopefully not annoy the hell out of y’all with my own obnoxiousness. ?
4. TAG THURSDAYS?
I’m not sure how soon I can implement this one, but y’all, I have a bookmark folder FULL of tags because I never, ever ignore them—seriously, I LOVE BEING TAGGED FOR THINGS—and I was thinking it might be fun to start doing Tag Thursdays or something? Thoughts?
5. QUARTERLY ROUND-UPS
Do any of you remember 6 months ago, when I did a TBR and haul “round-up”? If you don’t remember (you can check ’em here and here), basically I looked back at the last 6 months’ hauls and TBRs and made pie charts to show how many of those books I’d actually read since those posts were made. It was super fun and kinda geeky and I want to start doing it every 3 months or so, so expect more of those! MOAR STATS!
I love the Tag Thursdays idea! Brilliant! And I think the quarterly round-up is really cool, too. Happy New Year, Destiny! Cheers!
Thank you! 😀 Happy New Year, friend! ♥
I can’t wait to see what you accomplish with 2019!
I love all this! I’m still currently seeing the text TBR, but you just may have not switched over yet. I think I’m going to start doing some more mixed media reviews as well! I did a couple movie ones before and had fun with them, and if I keep playing more video games like I have been I think it’ll be fun to review them too. 🙂
Oh crap, I knew I forgot something! LMAO. Thank you!! Going to go fix the TBR right now. And yay, I would love to see you do the game and movie reviews more!
I certainly can get behind the idea of reading what you want, when you want! <3 Love it 🙂
Thank you!! ♥ That’s probably my biggest reading motto for 2019: what I want, when I want!
Give me all the obnoxious reviews!! And I LOVE all of your ideas, 2019 better watch out! Happy New Year, Destiny! ?
Bahahaha thank you Ashley!!! Happy new year, love! ♥
Love your ideas for the coming year 🙂 And I have really enjoyed your lists!
Thank you so much! 😀
these sound like some amazing changes! Can’t wait to see them throughout the year!
Thank you so much! 🙂
My favourite reviewer doing movie reviews? 2019 is going to be amazing, I can’t wait! ??
Also, Tag Thursday sounds like an amazing idea and honestly just gives me an excuse to tag you in even more stuff!
Awwww you’re making me blush!! ♥♥ haha please tag me in all the things!
These sound so fun actually??? And I do the same with tags, so if you start Tag Thursday or something, I’d totally join in?
Thank you!! Ooooh that would be awesome. 😀
I post my tags on Thursday. I love being tagged and I always seem to get behind on them so I decided to dedicate one day a week to posting tags to help me catch up. The only thing I need to work on is drafting them as soon as I’m tagged that way they are ready to go.
That’s a really good idea! I think that’s a habit I’d like to get into as well, especially since they usually don’t take me too long, so I’d already have them ready to go and it’d save me some time in the middle of each week!
Yeah I’m not very good at it yet but hopefully I can make it a habit this year.
[…] Thursdays” – So I saw Destiny over at Howling Libraries state this as well, but I LOVE doing tags. I want to designate a specific day in which I would […]
[…] 5 Big Changes Coming to My Blog in 2019 […]
So excited to see all these changes in your blog! I’m sure your 2019 will be amazing, love! I used to do a tag every Monday, but might start cutting back on them. I’m still undecided! Hahaha.
Thank you! ♥ Aww, I love seeing your tags so I will always be in favor of keeping those going haha!
Tag Thursdays could be fun. I used to do them on Fridays, but then I got out of the habit because I didn’t get tagged and I wasn’t sure which ones to do so I just kind of watched from the sidelines.
Awww, well let me know if you want more tags because I can definitely send some your way, I have so many to catch up on ???
I’ll keep you in mind as well for tagging times. ?
OH. OH. Instead of quarterly roundups, you can do seasonal ones and then you can use NEXT year to compare seasons and see if there’s some kind of cycle going on in your reading you don’t know about? [with all the “geeky” in this post, I couldn’t help but think of this and it kinda fits you? No? :’)]
I’m so curious to see how going back to your review-roots is going to be like.. 😛
Ooooh… the seasonal idea is neat! Though I get super nitpicky about seasonal things because I always have to go by the actual season dates, which means I’d end up analyzing my hauls down to the date (“did I buy this on December 15th or December 21st?”). ?? I might give it a whirl, though! Thank you! ♥
I wish I could go 100% back to my review-roots, but alas, I’m trying not to swear so much on my blog in case anyone finds my blog and knows me from work. ?
Hahaha. That’s something you do to yourself though! 😛 I’d probably be like that as well, now that I think about it.. :’)
OH BOO. Too bad! Maybe you should only do it in bad reviews. [And reviews on Kristoff’s books because that’s simply fitting as FUCK. xD ]