Busy busy busy…
This month, while I am still participating in the Life & Lit Throwback Event (feel free to comment for more info or an invite!), I’m only really focusing on two things:
If you’re not familiar with either of these…
Book-Tube-A-Thon is an annual week-long readathon where you can check off optional challenges, but the primary goal is to read as much as you can in a week. It started on July 30th and will end August 5th, so technically, we’re already 2 days into it.
#ARCAugust is an annual reading challenge that encourages reviewers to just read as many ARCs as they can in the month of August. The hosts are adding a couple of new twists to the mix this year with a bingo board and two 48-hour readathons! There are also prizes, and just a lot of general camaraderie (especially if you’re active on Twitter).
🌺 = Book-Tube-A-Thon
🦄 = #ARCAugust
🌻 = POC rep
🌈 = LGBTQ+ rep
✨ = Throwback Event
(I know I already did a BTAB TBR post, but I overhauled the entire list to make it mostly ARCs!)
1. Next Year in Havana — Chanel Cleeton — already out 🌺🦄🌻
The toin coss was between this and Bad Man, so I started this one first! (It still counts for #ARCAugust since it’s a finished copy I was sent to review.)
* update: I am about halfway through this and LOVING it! *
2. The Opposite of Innocent — Sonya Sones — releases september 4th 🌺🦄
This cover definitely qualifies for the green cover challenge!
* update: I actually finished this one in July! 4/5 stars, review coming soon *
3. Toil & Trouble — Tess Sharpe — releases august 28th 🌺🦄🌻🌈
I started this earlier in the year and forgot about it, so I decided to set it aside until BTAB. It’s for the challenge involving something I want to do, which is to make fantastic trouble with other amazing women and embrace my inner witch. ♥
4. Our Stories, Our Voices — Amy Reed — releases august 28th 🌺🦄🌻🌈
This book is short, so I’ll use it for the challenge of wearing a hat.
* I finished this yesterday and really enjoyed it! review coming soon *
5. The Book of Hidden Things — Francesco Dimitri — already out 🌺🦄
This one is already out, but it counts for #ARCAugust because Titan sent it to me to review just a couple of weeks ago. I’ll use it for the beautiful spine challenge.
6. Gerald’s Game — Stephen King 🌺✨
This is the only non-ARC title, because obviously, I can’t fill the book-to-film challenge with an ARC! (As a bonus, this fits my “from the year you were born” square for the throwback bingo!)
7. Bad Man — Dathan Auerbach — releases august 7th 🌺🦄
I’ll use this for the 7th book spot!
(I’m leaving off the rep emojis for some of these because I simply don’t know what they will or won’t have!)
8. To Be Honest — Maggie Ann Martin — releases august 21st 🦄
Sign me up for all the healthy, own-voice fat rep, please. ♥
9. Sadie — Courtney Summers — releases september 4th 🦄
I grabbed this from NetGalley because I’m hearing such good things!
10. Worlds Seen in Passing — Irene Gallo — releases september 4th 🦄
This 40-story anthology is going to be epic.
11. I Do Not Trust You — Laura J. Burns — releases september 11th 🦄
I was asked to join the blog tour for this one, and it sounded pretty cool!
13. The Grey Bastards — Jonathan French — already out 🦄
Crown sent me this right after it released and I’m really looking forward to it. I’m pretty new to the grimdark subgenre, and I’m hearing this is a great, “fun” introductory title.
14. The Girl in the Green Silk Gown — Seanan McGuire — already out 🦄
DAW was so kind as to send me finished copies of the 2 books in this series 2 weeks ago, and I have loved the first one so I can’t wait to check out this one!
15. The Sisters of the Winter Wood — Rena Rossner — releases september 25th 🦄🌻
Not shown in the picture above because my ARC was sadly lost in the mail and a replacement is on its way to me now, but as soon as this beauty arrives, I’ll definitely be starting it! ♥
I only have three things on my TBR that don’t belong to either challenge, and they’re both for series catch-ups:
Leftover from July…