Another month is coming to a close, and it’s time to show you guys what I read this month! I’m changing up my haul layout a little: if I have a review for the book, you’ll be able to click the STARS for the review link! (Titles will still take you to Goodreads.)
I think this may have been my worst reading month all year. I think doing back-to-back-to-back readathons at the end of July messed me up, plus I get seasonal depression at the end of every summer (I hate summer—#sorrynotsorry—and I’m ready for it to end) which didn’t help matters.
That said, I still managed to read 15 books, almost all of which were ARCs, so yay for a pretty successful #ARCAugust! Now I’m just hoping my reading picks up drastically in September…
? = Book-Tube-A-Thon
? = #ARCAugust
? = POC rep
? = LGBTQ+ rep
1. Next Year in Havana — Chanel Cleeton ★★★★★ ???
2. Heretics Anonymous — Katie Henry ★★★★★ ????
3. Bad Man — Dathan Auerbach ★★★☆☆ ???
4. Sadie — Courtney Summers ★★★★★ ??
5. City of Ghosts — Victoria Schwab ★★★★★ ?
6. Clockwork Prince — Cassandra Clare ★★★★☆ ??
7. Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked — Christa Carmen ★★★☆☆ ?
8. To Be Honest — Maggie Ann Martin ★★★★★ ??
9. Rule — Ellen Goodlett ★☆☆☆☆ ???
10. Gerald’s Game — Stephen King ★★★☆☆
11. Toil & Trouble — Jessica Spotswood & Tess Sharpe ★★★★★ ???
12. The Siren and the Specter — Jonathan Janz ★★★★★ ?
13. Heir of Fire — Sarah J. Maas ★★★★★
14. Keeper of the Bees — Meg Kassel ★★★★★ ?
15. Afterimage — Naomi Hughes ★★★☆☆ ?
Other Reviews Posted this Month…
Movies Watched this Month…
- Tusk — ★★★ 1/2
- Life After Beth — ★★★ 1/2
- Mulan (sixty billionth rewatch) — ★★★★★ (forever)
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before — ★★★★★
My Favorite Non-Review Posts of the Month…
My Favorite Posts from OTHER Bloggers This Month…
Kaleena @ Reader Voracious: How to Decide Which Reviews to Post On Your Blog?
Liza @ DuskAngelReads: Ultimate ReadAThon Guide!
Shealea @ That Bookshelf Bitch: 10 Spreadsheet Hacks to Step Up Your Blogging Game
Annemieke @ A Dance With Books: Do I Read the Books I Haul?
Taylor @ NerdNarration: #SundayShelfie — Check Out My Brand New Shelves & Series!
AVERAGE RATING FOR THE MONTH: 4.1/5
FORMAT: 47% PRINT, 47% EBOOK, 6% AUDIO
PERCENTAGE OF AUGUST TBR COMPLETED: 50% completed, 11% in progress,
39% not attempted