It’s time for the Christmas Songs book tag!
1. “All I Want for Christmas is You”: favorite bookish couple?
I decided to challenge myself by answering as many of these questions with answers from books I read during 2022, so my favorite bookish couple of 2022 was definitely Bryce and Hunt from A House of Earth and Blood (which I’m still savoring the ending of, but still).
(^ my favorite Bryce/Hunt fanart, credit to @indrakiin on instagram!)
2. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”: a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.)
My favorite 2022 read for this one doesn’t release for a few more weeks, but as usual for this series, the newest Wayward Children installment Lost in the Moment and Found is about a girl away from home, and I absolutely adored everything about it.
3. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”: your favorite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc.)
Sorry to pick another 2023 release, but this one’s easy: Mysteries of Thorn Manor! It was the perfect little slice of cozy, romantic fantasy and I can’t stop thinking about it!
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”: what book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?
I didn’t ask for many books for Christmas this year, which is really unusual for me!, but I did ask for Empty Smiles, the final book in the Small Spaces series. I already own 1-3 and I’d like to binge the rest of the series, so I’m definitely hoping Santa listened!
5. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”: which book turned your nose red (made you cry)?
The Dead Romantics made me cry harder than any other book this year. I remember a few chapters where I was grateful for the audiobook because I wouldn’t have been able to read visually through my tears!
6. “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: your favorite book/kind of book to read during the holidays
My favorite type of book to read during the holidays is definitely Christmas/winter horror, but my new favorite Christmas book of all time is one I just finished a few days ago: A Very Scalzi Christmas. It was absolutely hilarious!
7. “We Three Kings”: your favorite trilogy
I only read one entire trilogy this year, but I have a feeling it would have given most other trilogies a run for their money anyways, just because I loved it so much: The Themis Files by Sylvain Neuvel.
8. “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow”: a character you would love to be snowed in with
There are so many, honestly—I was lucky enough to meet SO many new favorite characters in 2022! Honestly, I think I would love to be snowing in for a few days with Artemisia from Vespertine. She’s so odd and has a wonderful dry sense of humor, she’s kickass and would keep me safe if any weird blizzard spirits showed up? (I’m reaching here, I know), and we’re both introverted enough that we’d probably sit around enjoying the quiet together a lot while reading or whatever.
9. “Last Christmas”: a book that seriously let you down
Don’t throw bricks at me, but… The Wall of Winnipeg and Me might have been my biggest disappointment of the whole year. I had loved a previous MZ title so much that I thought for sure I’d enjoy this one too, especially since it’s one of her most popular releases, but I almost hated it.
10. “White Christmas”: an upcoming release you’re dreaming about
The new Grady Hendrix title coming out in a few weeks, How to Sell a Haunted House!
💖 TAGS 💖
I’m going to skip tagging anyone since it’s almost Christmas, but if you want to do this, consider yourself tagged!
— destiny ♥