It’s time for the END OF THE YEAR book tag!
I always love doing the beginning/end of year book tags, so I was really happy when Caro and Misty tagged me in this one! The tag was originally created by Ariel Bissett and I’ve done it a few times because it’s always fun to answer these again at the end of each year. Also, how the heck is it almost December?! I’m seriously reeling from the fact that we’re a couple of days away from the last month of 2023!! 🤯
1. Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
I think the only current read I have that I’m especially worried about finishing before the year is out would be Pet Sematary since it was on my 2023 TBR. Otherwise, I have a buddy re-read of ACOMAF going with Misty right now and then two other reads that I’m not super concerned about (though I am enjoying them).
2. Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
Oops, I’m posting this more than halfway through autumn! 😂 I read lots of spooky reads all year, which I think most people consider autumnal, but instead I’ll pick a couple of Christmas/holiday-themed books I have on my TBR to pick up over the next few weeks hopefully.
3. Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?
My pre-order of To Kill a Shadow just shipped and I think it releases today, so I’ll go with that! I’m gonna be honest, I don’t even remember what put this on my radar other than the pretty sprayed edges on the first printing, but it sounds fun. 😂 It’s a YA romantasy and look at how gorgeous it is!
4. What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
I’m gonna go with three books remaining on my 2023 TBR:
- Radiance (which I’m about to buddy read with Misty!)
- The Kaiju Preservation Society (which looks like a super fun and fairly quick read)
- Marla (which I already know I’ll love because, hello, it’s a Jonathan Janz book! ♥)
5. Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?
I have quite a few books planned for the rest of the year that I expect to love, but the one that is most likely to be a favorite of the year is probably Marla just because I love Jonathan’s books so much.
6. Have you already started making reading plans for next year?
Yup! I’ve already made my 2024 TBR and am working on my general 2024 reading goals, too. All I really have left is to finish making my reading spreads for next year’s bullet journal!
💖 TAGS 💖
I don’t think I’ll tag anyone since it’s so late in the year and I feel like most of you have already done this one, but if you haven’t, feel free to consider yourself tagged now!
— destiny ♥