I’m still sticking to my 2018 goals of keeping my TBRs shorter than normal, but this month’s is longer than I wanted it to be, just because I have a handful of events going on this month that are really important to me! That said, I still feel like my TBR for the month is really manageable, so I’m not fretting.
A few events I have going this month are…
1) Life & Lit is celebrating Black History Month, so we’re encouraging our members to celebrate black authors! (I’ll mark these titles on my TBR)
2) My friend Kathy’s Fantastic February event, where she’s encouraging bloggers to join her in reading as many fantasy titles as possible!
3) The continuation of my group reads for the PJO series and the Shadowhunters books!
4) Plus, a few small buddy reads thrown in for good measure <3
• = black history month
! = fantastic february
† = ARC
§ = buddy read
• A Song Flung Up to Heaven – Maya Angelou (ebook)
I love Maya’s nonfiction, so this is a perfect pick for BHM! I’m buddy reading this with my fiancé.
• Long Way Down – Jason Reynolds
I’ve been meaning to pick up this verse-style contemporary for a while, so I decided to go ahead and order it in celebration of BHM.
• Born a Crime – Trevor Noah (audiobook)
I’m already in the middle of this audiobook, and let me tell you guys, it is phenomenal. I knew within half an hour that I’d be giving this book 5 stars and recommending it for the rest of my life.
• ! Children of Blood and Bone – Tomi Adeyemi (eARC)
I was already so ecstatic to receive an ARC of this one, but after reading Melanie’s rave review about it, I’m even more excited to read it!
! † § To Kill a Kingdom – Alexandra Christo (eARC)
This March release is one of my most anticipated ARCs of the year, so I’m really eager to be buddy reading it with sweet Melanie!
! § The Titan’s Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, and The Last Olympian – Rick Riordan
Books #3, #4, and #5 in my Percy Jackson and the Olympians group read!
! § City of Ashes and City of Glass – Cassandra Clare
Books #2 and #3 in my The Mortal Instruments group read! (Yep, same group ❤)
! Illuminae – Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman
I’m not 100% sure if this reread will count for Fantastic February, but I’m going to assume that sci-fi is being included? Hopefully? ? I’m rereading Illuminae and Gemina in preparation for the Obsidio release, though I’m probably saving Gemina for the first half of March.
Eliza and Her Monsters – Francesca Zappia (not pictured)
This book was chosen for Life & Lit’s diverse BOTM for February!