Last month, I decided to start a mass clean-out of my Goodreads TBR shelf! Naturally, if I’m going to spend the time doing it, I figured I might as well blog about it. I’m just doing it in small chunks to keep it manageable!
If there’s anything in this list that you think I should KEEP on my TBR, please let me know why, and I’ll consider adding it back!
before purge 1: 1,536
after purge 1: 1,496
before purge 2: 1,534
after purge 2: 1,494
before purge 3: 1,504
after purge 3: 1,464
before purge 4: 1,514 (why am I so bad at this)
- A Summer for Scandal — Lydia San Andres
- A Lady Awakened — Cecilia Grant
- The Studying Hours — Sara Ney
- The Rest Falls Away — Colleen Gleason
- Cold-Hearted Rake — Lisa Kleypas
- Taboo For You — Anyta Sunday
- I’m still going to read #2 in this series, Made for You, but I remember talking to Sionna about this one and realizing it’s probably not for me!
- Abbott — Saladin Ahmed
- The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 3 — Kieron Gillen
- The first 2 volumes were okay, but I’ve realized I have no interest in continuing this series.
- The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 4 — Kieron Gillen
- Misfit City, Vol. 1 — Kirsten Smith
- The Best We Could Do — Thi Bui
- Our Cats Are More Famous Than Us — Ananth Hirsh & Yuko Ota
- These comics are adorable but in this bindup, they’re done in this bright reddish-pink ink I couldn’t read worth a shit.
- 4 Kids Walk into a Bank — Matthew Rosenberg
- Afar — Leila del Duca
- All’s Faire in Middle School — Victoria Jamieson
- Anonymous Noise, Vol. 1 — Ryoko Fukuyama
- Fish Girl — Donna Jo Napoli
- The Book of Etta — Meg Elison
- I started reading book 1 of this trilogy for the Try a Chapter Challenge last week and disliked the writing style so much that I’m removing books 2 and 3 from my TBR until I can figure out if I want to try this series at all.
- The Book of Flora — Meg Elison
- The Deepest Breath — Meg Grehan
- Apologies That Never Came — Pierre Alex Jeanty
- The Shortest Distance Between Love & Hate — Sandy Hall
And, uh… that’s it. I hit the end of my TBR shelf. I started with over 1,500 on it, I’m ending with almost 1,500 left on it still, and I only removed 142 books. ?
I can’t tell if I’m really bad at purging, or really good at only adding books I’m genuinely interested in nowadays, because almost everything I purged was added to my shelf over a year ago.
Remaining TBR: 1,492