Last month, I decided to start a mass clean-out of my Goodreads TBR shelf! Naturally, if I’m going to spend the time doing it, I figured I might as well blog about it. I’m just doing it in small chunks to keep it manageable!
If there’s anything in this list that you think I should KEEP on my TBR, please let me know why, and I’ll consider adding it back!
before purge 1: 1,536
after purge 1: 1,496
before purge 2: 1,534
after purge 2: 1,494
before purge 3: 1,504
after purge 3: 1,464
before purge 4: 1,514 (why am I so bad at this)
- A Summer for Scandal — Lydia San Andres
- A Lady Awakened — Cecilia Grant
- The Studying Hours — Sara Ney
- The Rest Falls Away — Colleen Gleason
- Cold-Hearted Rake — Lisa Kleypas
- Taboo For You — Anyta Sunday
- I’m still going to read #2 in this series, Made for You, but I remember talking to Sionna about this one and realizing it’s probably not for me!
- Abbott — Saladin Ahmed
- The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 3 — Kieron Gillen
- The first 2 volumes were okay, but I’ve realized I have no interest in continuing this series.
- The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 4 — Kieron Gillen
- Misfit City, Vol. 1 — Kirsten Smith
- The Best We Could Do — Thi Bui
- Our Cats Are More Famous Than Us — Ananth Hirsh & Yuko Ota
- These comics are adorable but in this bindup, they’re done in this bright reddish-pink ink I couldn’t read worth a shit.
- 4 Kids Walk into a Bank — Matthew Rosenberg
- Afar — Leila del Duca
- All’s Faire in Middle School — Victoria Jamieson
- Anonymous Noise, Vol. 1 — Ryoko Fukuyama
- Fish Girl — Donna Jo Napoli
- The Book of Etta — Meg Elison
- I started reading book 1 of this trilogy for the Try a Chapter Challenge last week and disliked the writing style so much that I’m removing books 2 and 3 from my TBR until I can figure out if I want to try this series at all.
- The Book of Flora — Meg Elison
- The Deepest Breath — Meg Grehan
- Apologies That Never Came — Pierre Alex Jeanty
- The Shortest Distance Between Love & Hate — Sandy Hall
And, uh… that’s it. I hit the end of my TBR shelf. I started with over 1,500 on it, I’m ending with almost 1,500 left on it still, and I only removed 142 books. ?
I can’t tell if I’m really bad at purging, or really good at only adding books I’m genuinely interested in nowadays, because almost everything I purged was added to my shelf over a year ago.
Remaining TBR: 1,492
I would say you are really good at adding books hahah
LMAO! I really am! There should be awards for people who can add the most books to their TBR without reading them ? I’d have to win that lol!
I really should do that lol! Awesome post
Thank you! It was a lot of fun to do 😀
It’s been a while since I read it, but I remember really enjoying The Lady Awakened! I looked through my review and found this line: “For me, A Lady Awakened provided a refreshing reordering of the traditional romance structure, with some laughs and the occasional caught breath to keep it interesting and entertaining for me as a reader.” So I dunno if that makes you want to read it, but I thought it might be worth looking into?
Ooooh, that does actually pique my interest! 😀 Thank you so much for sharing, I’m adding it back to my TBR in that case!
[…] Challenge ✨ June Wrap ✨ July-September 5-star predictions ✨ July TBR ✨ WWW Wednesday ✨ GR TBR Purge #4 ✨ Immunity (YA sci-fi review) ✨ Stacking the Shelves ✨ Saturday Smalls (mini reviews: adult […]
My heart hurt a little at the purging of the studying hours, but holy crap I can understand when you got a pile that counts to 1.5k!!! O_O I’m sending you all the reading vibes with this one fam! May the reading gods be ever in your favor!
Bahahah thank you boo! Maybe I’ll add it back after I can whittle this list down a little more!