2020 is shaping up to be The Year of Readathons for me, and friends, I’m super excited to sign up for this one: Pondathon! It’s hosted by The Quiet Pond, and you can find plenty of information here.
Pondathon is a fantastical narrative-driven readathon with teams, challenges, points, and even adorable little character cards. The team over at The Quiet Pond have genuinely gone all out to put this together, and it absolutely shows. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a cute, original, creative readathon theme and I’m honestly endlessly amazed. 💖
But, I digress — keep scrolling if you want to see my readathon plans and meet my Pondathon character!
- Sign up anytime between January 18th, 2020 to March 5th, 2020.
- Join a team! Each team has different challenges for gaining points. (I chose Team Xiaolong because it was the easiest one for me to tailor along with my other readathons!)
- Create your own animal character card. There are a ton of adorable little files you can download and piece together to make your own custom character, or you can draw one from scratch.
- Follow the story! As the Pondathon progresses, The Quiet Pond will be posting periodic updates about Xiaolong and all of her friends.
- You can also keep an eye out for optional side quests to earn bonus points and unlock fun little prizes for your character card. (Watch The Quiet Pond’s space for more updates on these!)
my readathon goals:
While I would love to be the sort of awesomely efficient person who sets a Pondathon TBR list and sticks to it, I’ve actually decided to pair my Pondathon reading up with my progress for ARC Apocalypse, Start On Your Shelfathon, and a couple of readathons I’m joining in February, too.
I love readathons so much but I’m a big believer in maximizing efficiency whenever possible, so I’ve managed to find review copies that fit pretty much all of my individual challenges, which you’ll see an example of in my February TBR soon.
If you’d like to see the list of review copies I’m pulling from right now, it’s all right here.
Last but not least, I’m excited to introduce my Pondathon character (created with the precious art from The Quiet Pond): Haru, Protector of Cinnamon Rolls! This cute and cuddly little koi fish likes to keep things peaceful whenever possible, but he can’t sit idly by while innocent animals are in danger! He’s a little nervous (and very shy), but he knows he’ll have the strength to do the right things with his friends by his side.
* if you didn’t know, a “cinnamon roll” often refers to a person or character who is soft, sweet, and generally too pure for this world; however, Haru is also not opposed to defending actual cinnamon rolls — YUM!
— destiny ♥