January is over, so it’s time to look at my month in reading! It was the first month of #ARCApocalypse, and I also took part in some fun reading challenges. It was a pretty interesting month of reading with a lot of books on either end of the spectrum (really good or really bad), so let’s jump right in!
✨ = review copy | ? = monthly TBR | ? = reread |
? = graphic novel/manga/comics | ? = poetry | ? = POC rep |
? = LGBTQ+ rep | ? = disability and/or MI rep |
? = audiobook | ? = Kindle Unlimited
In order from 5 stars to 1…
- Come Tumbling Down | ✨??? | ????? | review
- The Invasion | ✨??? | ?????
- Dewdrop | ✨ | ?????
- Together We Caught Fire | ✨?? | ?????
- Till the Score is Paid | ✨ | ????? | review
- Unf*ck Your Habitat | ????? | review
- The Twisted Ones | ✨? | ?????
- Bingo Love | ??? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Apocalyptic Mannequin | ✨? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Credence | ? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Rafe | ? | ⭐⭐⭐?
- The God Game | ✨?? | ⭐ | review
(click the italicized reasoning for my full DNF-y thoughts)
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken | 25% completed (hated everything about it)
- Imaginary Friend | 35% completed (boring)
- The Hollow Girl | 10% completed (didn’t like the writing style)
- The Glass Spare | 10% completed (didn’t care about the premise anymore — no DNF thoughts)
- The Plain Janes | 25% completed (hated it)
- Don’t Read the Comments | 35% completed (boring, didn’t like the writing style AT ALL)
- Ghoster | 25% completed (boring and I couldn’t bring myself to care enough to finish it)
- Miss You Love You Hate You Bye | 15% completed (holy cringe-fest, Batman)
Watched this Month:
- Polaroid (2019) | ⭐?
- Pretty terrible acting and script.
- Child’s Play (2019) | ?
- I haven’t hated a movie this much in a while. I literally couldn’t find a single redeeming quality in this movie and have NEVER been so disappointed by Aubrey Plaza’s acting or a role she’s played. I had very high hopes for this, which is probably part of why I gave it such a low rating, in hindsight.
- Ready or Not (2019) | ?????
- Literally a new favorite movie. This was incredible and exactly how I want all of my horror-comedy films to feel.
- Midsommar (2019) | ⭐⭐
- Another hugely anticipated movie I watched that was such a disappointment! I thought it was about an hour too long.
- Nurse 3-D (2013) | ⭐⭐? | ?
- I don’t know why I rewatched this… I guess I’m a glutton for punishment but it’s so weirdly hilarious.
- The Final (2010) | ?
- It’s EXTREMELY rare that I don’t finish a movie, but this was THAT bad.
- ? Channel Zero — season 1 | ?????
- I really loved this first season! Candle Cove is a story that always fascinated me so it was cool to see a show focus on that.
Listened to this Month:
- Flora Cash
- I’d say I’m back on my Flora Cash bullshit, but I never really let it go.
- See above caption, replace Flora Cash with Hozier. I also gave his new album another chance this month and liked it a lot more than I have in the past, though I still think his first album was 10x better.
Played this Month:
- Super Mario Odyssey | Nintendo Switch
- I’m not big on Mario games aside from Mario Kart and things of that nature, typically, but this is pretty cute.
- Mario Kart 8 | Nintendo Switch
- We did a lot of couples racing in our house in January!
- Mortimer Beckett and the Secrets of Spooky Manor | PC/GameHouse sub
- Mortimer Beckett and the Time Paradox | PC/GameHouse sub
- Mortimer Beckett and the Lost King | PC/GameHouse sub
- Point-and-click puzzle games. These were… meh.
My Favorite Posts of the Month:
Wow, I really didn’t post much in January outside of weekly wrap-ups, eh? ?
Videos of the Month:
(click the thumbnails to see the videos!)
My Favorite Posts from OTHER Bloggers This Month:
- Alana @ The Bookish Chick’s review of A Heart So Fierce and Broken
- Laura @ thebookcorps’ best books of 2019
- Sionna @ Books in Her Eyes’ AMAZING 2019 wrap-up
- Cassie @ Let’s Get Galactic’s best books of 2019 &&& best audiobooks of 2019
- Bee @ BeeWitched Shelves’ review of Riot Baby
- Heather @ The Sassy Book Geek’s 2019 end of year survey
- Sofii @ A Book. A Thought.’s list of underrated series
- Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy’s review of Riot Baby
- Meaghan @ Hail & Well Read’s big blog re-vamp announcement!
- Kal @ Reader Voracious’ best books of 2019
- Mari @ Musings of a Book Girl’s review of Every Other Weekend
- Rachel @ Typed Truths’ newest TBR additions
— destiny ♥
twitter | booktube | bookstagram | facebook | goodreads