It’s time for a look at my June reading life!
It’s time for another wrap-up/haul post — and some fun stats!
What I read:
(each title link will direct you to my review for more thoughts!)
✨ review copy → 💞 buddy/group read → 🔁 re-read → 🎧 audiobook → 🍰 graphic novel/manga
TBR jar → 🗓️ 2022 TBR → 🌻 seasonal TBR → 😻 Devour Your TBR
- Grown // Tiffany D. Jackson: ✨🌻 + ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ → Phenomenal, heartbreaking, and so gorgeously written.
- Furiously Happy // Jenny Lawson: 🎧 + ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ → This was hilarious and shockingly deep. I related SO much to Jenny.
- Her Soul for Revenge // Harley Laroux: 💞 + ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ → I might have loved this just as much, or even a little more, than the first book! (buddy read with Malli ♥)
- Dustborn // Erin Bowman: ✨🎧 + ⭐⭐⭐ → A stand-alone that vastly suffered from not being written as a duology. 🙁
- Sleeping Giants // Sylvain Neuvel: 💞 + ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ → Not what I expected, but INCREDIBLE! (buddy read with Misty ♥)
- The Many Half-Lived Lives of Sam Sylvester // Maya MacGregor: ✨💞 + ⭐⭐💫 → Such a disappointment. 😭 (buddy read with Malli ♥)
- The Visible Filth // Nathan Ballingrud: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ → I’ve owned this forever and finally read it! It was pretty solid.
- Sundial // Catriona Ward: ✨💞 + ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ → One of the best books I’ve read all year, hands down. (buddy read with Ashley ♥)
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism // Grady Hendrix: 💞🗓️ + ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ → I’m so happy I finally read this, and had so much fun with it. (buddy read with Kay ♥)
- Three Days in the Pink Tower // E.V. Knight: ✨ + ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ → A very heavy, difficult read that was so rewarding. I’m so proud of the author for taking back her power this way.
- The Clown Hunt // Judith Sonnet: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ → Soooo fucked up and fun.
- Mapping the Interior // Stephen Graham Jones: + ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ → I love SGJ’s particular specific brand of gorgeous, haunting, tragic horror.
And now, for some of my favorite recent hauls:
June was a VERY good haul month! 👀
- Lost in the Moment and Found // Seanan McGuire (eARC; adult fantasy)
- The Mysteries of Thorn Manor // Margaret Rogerson (eARC; YA fantasy)
- We Are Here to Hurt Each Other // Paula D. Ashe (purchase; adult horror)
- The Violence // Delilah S. Dawson (purchase; adult horror)
- Ghost Hunters Adventure Club and the Express Train to Nowhere // Cecil H.H. Mills (purchase; YA mystery/humor)
- For the Throne // Hannah F. Whitten (purchase; adult fantasy)
- #thighgap // Chandler Morrison (ARC; adult horror)
- Stargazers // L.P. Hernandez (ARC; adult horror; READ)
- Blood Country // Jonathan Janz (eARC; adult horror)
- A Marvellous Light // Freya Marske (gift; adult fantasy; thank you, Dini! ♥)
- 40-Love // Olivia Dade (gift; adult romance; thank you, Leslie! ♥)
- When the Reckoning Comes // LaTanya McQueen (purchase; adult horror)
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark // Michelle McNamara (purchase; adult nonfiction/true crime)
- Waking Gods // Sylvain Neuvel (purchase; adult sci-fi)
- The Dead Romantics // Ashley Poston (audio review copy; adult romance; READ)
- Mary: An Awakening of Terror // Nat Cassidy (eARC; adult horror)
And finally, a little life update:
June went by in such a blur, but then again, doesn’t every month lately? My son turned 6 in June, so I may have had a little bit of an existential crisis over him getting a year older, but for the most part, it was a really good month. I read more than I had in a while (and enjoyed nearly everything I read!), caught up on a ton of reviews and blog posts, finally got my ADHD and anxiety to work nicely with audiobooks again (I missed them so much over the past couple of years!), and, of course, had lots of family time and kitten snuggles. ♥ Sorry for the brief update, but it was overall a mostly calm, quiet, peaceful month and it was really nice!
How was your month? What was your favorite book you read or hauled, or what was something nice that happened in your life?
— destiny ♥