It’s the end of another month, which means it’s time to talk about my haul for the month!
- Nothing this month~
I checked, and this is my smallest ARC haul since June of 2018. Two whole years! Can you believe? I know 11 review copies is still a lot, and I’d love to keep it below 10 per month starting in July, but I’m still really proud of how much better I’m doing with my ARC limitations lately.
- The Mask Falling — Samantha Shannon
- You Should See Me in a Crown — Leah Johnson (READ)
- The Tea Dragon Tapestry — Katie O’Neill (READ)
- Across the Green Grass Fields — Seanan McGuire
- The Ghost Tree — Christina Henry
- The Green Witch’s Grimoire — Arin Murphy-Hiscock
- Finding Faeries — Alexandra Rowland
- Float Plan — Trish Doller
- Venus in the Blind Spot — Junji Ito (READ)
- Who I Was with Her — Nita Tyndall
- Thirteens — Kate Alice Marshall
I’m still not buying physical books much right now, but I do have a few things I ordered this month that are on backorder and won’t show up until July’s haul.
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown — Talia Hibbert (READ)
I did hit up some really good kindle sales this month, though!
- Sing, Unburied, Sing — Jesmyn Ward (kindle sale; $2.99)
- Nocturna — Maya Motayne (kindle sale; $1.99)
- Black Girl Unlimited — Echo Brown (kindle sale; $2.99)
- Lovely War — Julie Berry (kindle sale; $2.99)
- The Best Laid Plans — Cameron Lund (kindle sale; $2.99)
- The Stars and the Blackness Between Them — Junauda Petrus (kindle sale; $2.99)
- The House on Abigail Lane — Kealan Patrick Burke ($2.99)
And a few freebies:
- Bitter Heat — Mia Knight
- The Turtle Boy — Kealan Patrick Burke
- Camp Carnage — Joshua Winning & Elliot Arthur Cross (still free at time of posting — queer 80s summer camp horror!)
- Valkyrie Landing — A.J. Flowers
I didn’t borrow much this month, because I’m trying really hard to focus on ARCs and books I already own.
- Physical Library Loans:
- Digital Library Loans (including subscription services):
- KINDLE UNLIMITED:
- Benny Rose, the Cannibal King — Hailey Piper
- LIBRARY EBOOKS:
- LIBRARY AUDIOBOOKS:
- The Sea of Monsters & The Titan’s Curse — Rick Riordan (rereads; READ)
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes — Suzanne Collins (audiobook; had to re-check this one because I still haven’t finished it, whoops)
- On the Come Up — Angie Thomas (audiobook; I own the physical copy but heard the audiobook is awesome!)
- KINDLE UNLIMITED:
We also bought an Xbox One this month, but we haven’t been able to play it because we received a completely unusable defective device and it’s currently on its way to a Microsoft repair center to be serviced. ? Long story, but don’t buy consoles from ANT Online, y’all. Just… go to Best Buy or some shit. I wish we had. ANT has literally some of the worst customer service of my life.
- Steam sales [PC]:
- Humble Bundle [PC]:
- Epic Games freebies [PC]:
- Sea of Thieves [PC/Xbox]
What was your favorite thing you hauled this month — or if you didn’t haul anything, is there anything you hope to haul soon? Let me know in the comments!
— destiny ♥
twitter | booktube | bookstagram | facebook | goodreads
11 review copies is amazing! Especially since you already read a few of them!
But while you had your smallest (ARC) haul this month, I probably had my largest overall haul, with the exception of my birthday hauls! Although to be fair I somehow got gifted 5 books, even though my birthday isn’t until August! And then I bought quite a few books for the #blackoutbestsellerlist. So really can I be blamed for hauling a total of 12-14 books this month instead of my usual 1-3?
Of the books that I bought I’m probably was most excited for Take a Hint, Dani Brown! I had it pre-ordered, and I’m currently reading and loving it! I also have The Black Flamingo on it’s way and I’ve heard such amazing things that I can’t wait to read it!
Thank you! Ooooh, that’s awesome – happy early birthday haha, I love that though! And I hope you end up adoring Take a Hint Dani Brown!!
Well done! I’m trying (and failing) to only buy 3 books a month!!!
I started a Rick Riordan reread but then the dreaded slump has hit ?
Thank you! I’m sorry about your slump 🙁
Thanks! I hope it does one very quickly!
Ahh, congrats on having a smaller haul!! I finally caught up with the Wayward Children series this month, so i can’t wait to see what you think of across the green grass field especially!
Yaaaaay! And thank you 😀
Sea of Thieves is so fun!! It’s highly underrated!!
It really is! I didn’t expect to love it as much as I do!
You should see me in a crown sounds so good!
It was so freaking good! ♥
SO excited to read Lovely War! I hope you enjoy it once you read it ? & OMG, Black Girl Unlimited is EVERYTHING, it was 5 stars for me and I’m sure it will be for you as well ❤️❤️❤️
Excellent, I’m so glad you loved it!! <3
I’m excited to read The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead.
I’ve heard that was SO good! Enjoy!
Thank you! One of my friends from college reminded me of it recently. I loved The Underground Railroad.
So happy to see that you got an arc of Across the Green Grass Fields! I’ve been slowly making my way through the series and I’m having so much fun reading the books ?
Awwww yay, I’m so glad you’ve been enjoying them! ♥
Woah, this haul is sooo good! There are a lot of great titles in here and interesting games as well. I’m so sorry to hear about the horrible customer service though, I hope they compensate any inconvenience you’ve had. ❤
Thank you! <3 Sadly, the company I bought the system from didn't do anything at all to make up for it. I ended up waiting about 2wks to get a replacement console from Microsoft, though Microsoft's service was excellent (and way faster than they estimated it would be, which was nice!). At least it all worked out okay but I definitely won't ever shop from that business again!