June was a weird, slow month. I DNFed half of everything I picked up! Oh, well. I blame the summer reading program, classes starting back, and my new gaming PC. ?
✨ = review copy
? = backlist title
? = monthly TBR
?♀️ = mood read
? = reread
? = graphic novel/manga/comics
? = POC rep
? = LGBTQ+ rep
? = disability and/or MI rep
? = audiobook
? = Kindle Unlimited or freebie
- Club Dead ?? — ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dark Web ?♀️ — ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Space Battle Lunchtime, Vol. 1 ???? — ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Something Like Gravity ✨?? — ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Hearts in Darkness ?♀️? — ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Captive Prince ??? — ?????
- The Resurrectionists ✨? — ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Criminal Intentions S1E2: Junk Shop Blues ??? — ?????
- Giant Days, Vol. 9 ?♀️?? — ?????
- Monstress, Vol. 3 ?♀️???? — ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Heavy Vinyl, Vol. 1 ?♀️??? — ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Girl in Red ✨??? — ?????
- Everyone’s a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too ?♀️? — ?????
- Frozen Pact ?? — ⭐⭐⭐
- Stalking Jack the Ripper ??? — ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Turn of the Screw — boring, hated the writing
- Orpheus Girl — too triggering, disliked the writing
- My Favorite Thing is Monsters, Vol. 1 — enjoyed the premise but couldn’t follow the art style; it kicked my ADHD into major overdrive!
- Birthday — sooooo many slurs
- My Absolute Darling — library loan expired
- Her Silhouette, Drawn in Water — such poor writing and the entire story was incredibly one-dimensional
- Fake Blood — boring
- Victor LaValle’s Destroyer — SUPER triggering & I wasn’t having it this month
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Vol. 1 — boring & I disliked the art style
Watched this Month:
- Friday the 13th (1980) — 3.5 ⭐
- Friday the 13th Part II — 3 ⭐
- Friday the 13th Part III — 2 ⭐
- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter — 2.5 ⭐
- Friday the 13th: A New Beginning — 2.5 ⭐
- I had’t watched these in ages and decided to have a weekend Friday the 13th movie marathon. Ridiculousness ensued and left me wondering why so many horror fans I know think this series was somehow superior to what’s being made today… That said, I’ll probably watch the rest in July.
- The Perfection — 5 ?
- On the other hand, the rest of my horror viewing in June was sheer flawlessness. Did you know this movie was queer as hell?! NOBODY TOLD ME IT HAD QUEER GIRLS.
- Us — 5 ?
- I can’t believe I didn’t go see this in theatres. Wow. WOW. Winston Duke and Lupita Nyong’o are goals for life and I adored everything about this.
Listened to this Month:
I didn’t listen to much music this month — mostly just audiobooks and the NoSleep podcast.
Played this Month:
- The Sims 4
- I always come back to you, Sims…
- Fran Bow
- This was a new purchase from just a few days ago and I’m obsessed. SO CREEPY.
- The Darkside Detective
- Finally revisiting this one to play the bonus content! This is easily one of my favorite games ever. It’s so hilarious.
My Favorite Non-Review Posts of the Month:
- Favorite Queer Reads
- Release Radar: Harley in the Sky by Akemi Dawn Bowman
- ARC Ban Announcement
- Queer Books at the Top of My TBR
- Most Anticipated July-December Releases
- Shelf Tour #3
- Summer TBR Jar
- Summer TBR
My Favorite Posts from OTHER Bloggers This Month:
- Sofii’s International Blogger Tag
- Kelly’s review of Serious Moonlight
- Becca’s review of If It Makes You Happy
- Grimdark Dad’s review of Strange Weather and Wounds
- Amanda’s July-December Anticipated Releases
- Lilyn’s movie review of Godzilla: King of the Monsters
- CW’s list of 63 book review prompts
- Rain’s discussion about reading slumps
- Sionna’s 20 favorite romance reads this year (so far)
- Sofia’s f/f romance reviews
- Kal’s new website announcement
I felt Birthday was a really good read, but yes, there were quite a few slurs and although they made sense in the narrative, I get why it would put you off the book. Hope you have a great reading month coming up!
So glad you loved Captive Prince! I almost want to do a reread of it soon <3 great reading month Destiny 🙂
Sorry to hear that this wasn’t your greatest reading month! I had a week or two where I disliked everything I read, so I understand the frustration! I’m so glad to see you liked Everyone’s a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too. I thought it was such a cute and heartwarming book when I read it!
I’m adding Something Like Gravity to my TBR just for you, honey! ? Thank you very much for mentioning my post, I’m glad you liked it
I hope your July is INCREDIBLE and is full of good readings ❤️
PS: Every time I stop playing the Sims 4 I think I got over it, but I never do, so I feel you ?
I’m excited to read Something Like Gravity! 🙂
I want to see your thoughts on The Girl in Red!!
Friday the 13th is a long movie series? I generally thought it was just like one movie or maybe 2? Us looks so good, I can’t wait to watch it! I downloaded Sims this month so once I’ve completed a few tasks I can play it!
I love the Monstress covers. So pretty and creepy.
What a list!!
You had a wonderful June.
“I didn’t read many books” -> Still read FIFTEEN BOOKS. I’m also very intrigued by this new gaming computer???
You enjoyed Something Like Gravity way more than I did.
wow looks like an amazing reading month!!!
YAAAASSS The Sims!! Do you have the new expansion pack?
[…] a Chapter Challenge ✨ June Wrap ✨ July-September 5-star predictions ✨ July TBR ✨ WWW Wednesday ✨ GR TBR Purge #4 ✨ […]
Thanks so much for including my self-hosted announcement, love!
You got a lot of reading done and I am proud at you for DNFing so many titles. It’s hard but why torture yourself?
I need to bet Fran Bow, I might pay it this week in between reading since I got mad at Breath of the Wild yesterday
Lovely wrap up, Destiny! WordPress is evil and never notifies me about anything anymore, but thank you so much for linking to my review! You’re too sweet! <3 I'm sorry that June had so many DNF's for you! I hope July's reads treat you better! Also, I have been obsessed with playing the Sims with my sister. It's so much fun! My goodness, I can spend hours upon hours playing that game.
WP is such a jerk sometimes haha! Any time <3 And thank you! So far, I set aside quite a few books for later in July, but haven't had a ton of full-on DNFs so that's good. 😀 Awww, yay, that sounds like solid sister-bonding time!