First, huge thank you to Cheeky Booky for nominating me in her post! She actually tagged me earlier this month, but I somehow missed it until recently, and as soon as I realized I hadn’t passed it on, I knew I had to right away! I’ll be answering the questions she came up with, of course.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I’m a stay-at-home mom to an incredibly energetic little guy, so I don’t feel like I actually have a lot of down time, but when I do, I’m usually either reading, blogging, or watching horror movies. I used to game a lot, but have kind of sacrificed that for reading lately.
2. Who is your role model or who do you really look up to? Why?
As far as everyday folks go, my fiance is incredibly motivational for me. I have temper problems, but he’s generally as calm and laid-back as they come with his family, and that’s hugely inspiring for me. As far as celebs or “big” role models, I don’t think I have any that I can really list here. To be honest, I do my best never to put celebrities on a pedestal, because everyone’s closet has skeletons, and I think you can set yourself up for major disappointments by doing that. Instead, I take little pieces here and there from lots of people.
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
“Bad” movies. We’re talking The Master of Disguise, Dudley Do-Right, the Beautiful Creatures adaptation… lol, I’m only teasing, so no offense meant to anyone else who enjoys any of those films, but I really love a lot of movies that most people pick on me for!
4. What is your dream job?
Honestly, probably being an editor or running my own haunted house. Oh, and naturally, the job has to pay extravagantly well. In more realistic senses, I’d love to be a branch manager or even just one of the top librarians at a really nice library in a big enough metro to make a difference and to have a decent budget for putting on events for kids, teens, and young adults.
5. Cats or dogs?
This one is tough, because my cats are total assholes, but dogs are so much more high-maintenance than cats. Plus, then you get into the issue that I’d rather have an annoying cat than a hard-to-train dog, but I’d rather have a well-trained dog than a mean cat… Can I pass? (For the record, I have two cats and a dog.)
6. Favorite OTP?
I have so many that I love, but I’ll narrow it down to three: Jim/Pam from The Office, Harry/Hermione (I know it’s not canon, but shush), and Feyre/Rhysand.
7. Favorite mythical/fantasy creature?
Dragons! Always dragons. DRAGONS.
8. If you made a character for Dungeons and Dragons, what race and class would it be?
I’m going to admit here that I’ve never played D&D and know very little about it, so instead, I’m going to pretend you said World of Warcraft, and I’m going to say a Draenei Hunter.
9. What book would you NOT recommend to people? Why?
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I know a lot of people in the YA community loved this book, and that’s fine, but I will never in good faith recommend it to anyone. It offers a horrific view on teen relationships that is promoted as healthy and cute when it’s not (such as Finch basically being a stalker and Violet being a complete jerk most of the time), but more than that, the mental health rep is just downright awful. As someone who deals with a lot of mental health issues of my own, I found myself recoiling at some of the crap that went on in that book, and almost DNF’d it half a dozen times just because I was getting so pissed. It’s just an unhealthy and problematic book, and I will never, ever judge anyone for saying they love it, but I won’t recommend it.
10. What is your strange habit?
I refuse to step over graves in cemeteries. I just find it to be ridiculously disrespectful, but every time I’ve ever gone to a cemetery with anyone else, they think it’s the oddest thing that I will go several yards out of my way just to avoid stepping over family plots and such.
11. If you became a Prime Minister/President, what is the first thing you would do?
I honestly don’t know where I’d begin. I wish I could snap my fingers and force world peace, or at least peace in my own country, but it doesn’t really work that way. I also don’t think things like free healthcare, or college for people below a certain income level, or raising minimum wage are things that can be done in a day, either. I guess the first “quick” task would be that I’d force every single police department, nationwide, to immediately instate mandatory body cams on every officer, with satellite feeds that report back to a third party investigation team.
11 Questions for YOU to Answer!
- When did you start to enjoy reading?
- What are your favorite and LEAST favorite aspects of blogging?
- What genre of music do you hate?
- If you could make any mythical creature real, what would it be and why?
- What movie have you seen the most times?
- What book character is your twin?
- What book/series would you make everyone read if you could?
- What is your favorite gaming console? (You can’t say PC!)
- What percentage of your personal library is composed of ebooks?
- What is your favorite creative outlet?
- What is a series you won’t finish?