Another month is over, so it’s time for another wrap-up! This was a very reading-heavy month, as I finally (over the last 2 months) have been able to get back into using reading as escapism and a genuinely enjoyable hobby, instead of feeling like it’s a chore! Of course, that has faltered a bit since the very end of May when the protests started. It’s hard not to get wrapped up in scrolling Twitter for hours every single day between how angry I am and how much I worry about protesters, especially the ones I know and love personally. I’m trying to find a good balance between helping as much as I can and not running myself ragged, and I know a lot of you have struggled with finding that balance, too. I mentioned this in my weekly wrap-up yesterday, but PLEASE take care of yourselves and know that my inbox is ALWAYS open if you need to vent, cry, or just talk about something distracting and lighthearted for a few minutes.
✨ = review copy | ? = reread | ? = buddy read
? = audiobook | ? = Kindle Unlimited
? = graphic novel/manga/comics | ? = poetry
? = POC rep | ? = LGBTQ+ rep | ? = disability and/or MI rep | ? = fat rep
? graphic novels, manga, etc. ?
- Haunted Mansion
✨?? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Giant Days, Vol. 12
???? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
??? | ????? | review
- Heavy Vinyl: Y2K-O!, Vol. 2
??? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ | review
- How Do We Relationship?, Vol. 1
✨??? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐ | review
- Check, Please! Book 1: #Hockey
????? | ?????
- Check, Please! Book 2: Sticks & Scones
???? | ????? | review
- Aster and the Accidental Magic
? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ | review
- Basketful of Heads
✨? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Dollhouse Family
✨?? | ⭐⭐
- The Low, Low Woods
✨???? | ????? | review
- I Left the House Today!
✨?? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Unnatural, Vol. 3: Rebirth
??? | ⭐⭐⭐
? adult & new adult ?
- It Takes Two to Tumble
?? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Girl in the Video
- The Bone Season
??? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- All Together Dead
? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Devil’s List
✨ | ⭐⭐⭐
- Night of the Mannequins
✨ | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Flatshare
?? | ?????
? young adult ?
- A Breath Too Late
✨? | ⭐⭐ | review
? middle grade ?
- The Throne of Fire
??? | ⭐⭐⭐? | review
- The Serpent’s Shadow
??? | ⭐⭐⭐? | review
- The Boy Who Cried Werewolf
✨? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Lightning Thief
???? | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
? left unfinished ?
(I just couldn’t get into this to save my life! No rating.)
- Forever Theirs
(I wasn’t in the mood but will most likely try this again later.)
- The Science of Monsters
(This was like, textbook levels of dry.)
(Way too alpha male.)
- This is Going to Hurt
(Unpopular opinion but this wasn’t very funny and a lot of the jokes were just mean.)
- Hunger (2009) ⭐⭐
Eh… pretty boring and predictable.
- just audiobooks this month, mainly
- More ACNH. Who’s surprised? Not me.
- may TBR
- april haul
- april wrap
- ARC ban: new rules
- “stuck at home” tag
- “animal crossing” tag
- may haul
- june possibility list
(click the thumbnails to see the videos!)
- Kaleena @ Reader Voracious posted an incredible review of The Silence of Bones
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books shared 10 YA books with mental health rep
- Ari @ Books. Libraries. Also, Cats. reviewed Clap When You Land and gave me feels all over again
- Justine @ I Should Read That made me even MORE excited for Harrow Lake
- Leelyn @ Sometimes Leelyn Reads literally insta-sold me on Disenchanted
- Kat @ Novels & Waffles reminded me why I need to read The Sound of Stars ASAP
- Sumedha @ The Wordy Habitat posted a great review of Verity
- Veronika @ Wordy and Whimsical shared a guide to enjoying audiobooks
- Isabelle @ Nine Tale Vixen talked about getting back into blogging routines
- Jess @ Jessticulates put Bryony and Roses on my TBR immediately
- Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx shared an amazing list of film recommendations
- Arin @ Tomes of Our Lives got brutally honest about Leah on the Offbeat
- Sofii @ A Book. A Thought. opened up about blogger pressures and anxiety
- Charlotte @ moonraker gave some awesome tips for using the block editor
- Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess dug into some hyped 2020 releases
- Grey @ Use Your Words discussed Cam Girl and sex positivity in books
— destiny ♥
twitter | booktube | bookstagram | facebook | goodreads
I’m so glad that May was a better reading month for you! I hope that you have a wonderful June as well!
Thank you dear! I hope June treats you so well ♥
hooray for a good may! youve really grown my wishlist with all your fab posts
ahahah YAY! Thank you so much for saying this <3 <3
Awesome wrap up girl! Thank you for always being there and being such a great friend 😀
Thank you! Aww same to you love, hugs!!! ♥
Looks like a good month 🙂
I hope June is just as good!
Thank you! I hope June is going well for you! <3
Look at all those books! 😀 So glad that you’re able to fall back into reading, Destiny. 🙂 It’s been a rough year in so many ways and I FEEL you about scrolling! It’s a delicate balance. I need more hours in the day to be able to consume everything, still do my job, and also somehow take care of myself. *sigh* I’m sure you feel the same.
Hope you have an incredible June and Happy Pride Month! <3 <3 <3
Thank you! <3 I feel you so much. I hope June is good to you, though, and that you're able to find that balance and keep it. ♥♥ Happy Pride Month to you too!
Wow what an incredible amount of books, that’s so great!! <3 I so get it, it's hard not to scroll endlessly with everything happening and it's hard to balance between everything when the world is such a mess. Here's to hoping for things to get better. <3
I hope June will be lovely to you, and thank you so much for sharing my post! <3 <3
Thank you so much! <3 I hope June is good to you too, love, and you're welcome!
What a great month! I’ve added so many books to my future TBR post and my wish list because of you!
Thank you! Ahhh that makes me so happy! <3
It’s true! I’m excited to publish my TBR post in July!
I’m SO glad that May has been a good reading month for you, love, I know that now it can be difficult to concentrate with everything that’s happening in the world, so I send you my best energy and all my love for your June! ❤️ & OMG, thank you SO much for sharing my post, it means a lot to me ???✨
Thank you so much! <3 <3 I hope June is treating you well, dear! I'm sending you so much love and peace. And you're so welcome!!
Fantastic month for you! I want all your little emojis to describe books! LOL! They make me happy haha
I am pretty jealous that you read Bone Season, but I’m also still too salty with Shannon to do it lol My life is nothing but hard.
Hahah thank you! Feel free to use them if you’d like! I’ve really enjoyed having the little emoji key ?
Hahaha awww, bless ? At least book 4 comes out within the next year (hopefully…)!