Another month, another TBR ~
October went by SO FAST! I mean, every month this year has flown by, but October felt particularly zoom-y. I had a really incredible birthday on the 16th! I spent the day playing video games with my kiddo and it was great, honestly. I’m a bit sad October is over, since it’s my favorite month, buuuut now I get to start my early Christmas decorating (I’m shameless 😂), and that’s exciting.
I didn’t read much in October because I spent a lot of time playing video games and watching movies instead! Soooo many movies. 😂 Because of that, I have a lot of “leftovers” for my November TBR. I wish I’d made better progress, but this month’s Devour Your TBR theme is “Remember November”, and it’s all about catching up on leftover reading goals from earlier in the year, so that’s what I’m focusing on this month!
(I’m not counting anything “in progress” – these are just the October TBR books I haven’t started yet.)
- Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo (leftover from September)
- Horseman by Christina Henry (leftover from September)
- Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson (leftover from September)
- In Darkness, Delight: Fear the Future edited by Andrew Lennon & Evans Light
- Body Shocks edited by Ellen Datlow
- Comfort Me With Apples by Catherynne M. Valente
- The Woods Are Always Watching by Stephanie Perkins
- Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff
November’s New Picks:
And here are the books I’m adding to my TBR for the month! As you can see, I decided in the end not to add too many, and two of these are super short.
- Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco: I can’t believe I haven’t read this yet, honestly!
- A Spindle Splintered by Alix E. Harrow: I’ve been hearing so many good things about this novella.
- Where the Drowned Girls Go by Seanan McGuire: Don’t mind me, just forever screaming over Seanan’s books ♥
- For the Wolf by Hannah F. Whitten: This was one of my most anticipated releases of the year, and I have high hopes!
What are you reading this month?
— destiny ♥