It’s time for a look at my October reading life!
It’s time for another wrap-up/haul post! I didn’t read as much in October as I had hoped to because I spent a LOT of time watching movies (I may do a movie wrap-up later, if that’s something people would be interested in!), so this won’t take as long as September’s wrap-up did. 😅 And, as usual, I’ll add a few favorite new hauls at the end.
First, what I read:
(each title link will direct you to my review for more thoughts!)
1. The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang — ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was absolutely wonderful and super emotional!
2. Afterlife by Sarah Langan — ⭐⭐⭐⭐ A pretty good, sad horror short story.
3. Frontier Death Song by Laird Barron — ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Another short story, super interesting and fun.
4. The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green — ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazing, incredible, I’m in love with JG’s writing all over again.
5. Claustrophilia by Ezra Blake — ⭐⭐⭐⭐ One of the most fucked up things I’ve ever read, no question about it.
6. The Last House On Needless Street by Catriona Ward — ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This deserves ALL of the hype I’ve seen it receive.
7. These Deathless Bones by Cassandra Khaw — ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Another short story. This one was a re-read and I liked it even more the second time around.
8. War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers by Jonathan Kunz & Elizabeth Pich — ⭐⭐ I laughed a couple of times and cringed a LOT.
9. Blister by Jeff Strand — ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Super funny, weirdly sweet, and engaging. I read this in one sitting and loved it.
And now, for some of my favorite recent hauls:
(a bit of a longer list this month because I got some wonderful birthday gifts from some very sweet loved ones!)
- Devil’s Creek by Todd Keisling (purchase; adult horror)
- Knot My Type by Evie Mitchell (purchase; adult contemporary romance)
- Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson (purchase; YA fantasy)
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue: Collector’s Edition by V.E. Schwab (gift; adult fantasy)
- Kingdom of the Cursed by Kerri Maniscalco (purchase; YA fantasy; B&N exclusive)
- Go Down Hard by Ali Seay (gift; adult horror)
- Six Rooms by Gemma Amor (gift; adult horror)
- Sundial by Catriona Ward (review copy; adult horror)
- What Moves the Dead by T. Kingfisher (review copy; adult horror)
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry (review copy; adult contemporary romance)
- Weather Girl by Rachel Lynn Solomon (review copy; adult contemporary romance)
- True Crime by Samantha Kolesnik (gift; adult horror)
- Bridge of Souls by V Schwab (gift; MG paranormal)
- The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix (gift; adult horror)
- Brother by Ania Ahlborn (purchase; adult horror)
- The Girls Are Never Gone by Sarah Glenn Marsh (purchase; YA horror)
- Waif by Samantha Kolesnik (purchase; adult horror)
- Sea of Thieves: Athena’s Fortune by Chris Allcock (purchase; adult fantasy)
And finally, a little life update:
I really can’t believe October passed so quickly! It’s my favorite month and it never lasts long enough. The cool weather finally rolled in here about a week ago and it’s been really nice to cuddle up with my cozy new Goosebumps throw blanket (one of my favorite birthday gifts I received in October) and have a hot cup of cocoa at night. I mostly spent a lot of time in October watching movies and getting back into playing a lot of video games after having not played much in September.
I definitely didn’t read as much as I wanted to, but it was a good month and I’m not mad about it. I’ve been getting back into audiobooks over the past few weeks, so I’m hoping November brings me a good balance with audiobook-gaming, especially with the new Animal Crossing DLC/update coming out this week that I am SO hyped for! 😍
How was your month? What was your favorite book you read or hauled, or what was something nice that happened in your life?
— destiny ♥