I don’t know if you all have noticed, but for the last several months, my TBRs have been a total flop. I haven’t been sticking to my plans and goals well at all, and I’ve been making brief, lackluster TBR lists that I’m not excited enough about to keep up with! I was thinking about it over the last couple of weeks and realized what’s changed is that I used to love challenging myself with my monthly TBR. I loved coming up with a pretty big list of titles I would try to read, and seeing how many of them I could knock out! It motivated me, I guess. This month, we’re going to give it a try and see if giving myself a big, “scary” TBR can help give me the push I need to get back into those old reading habits I miss so much!
The themes this month are…
- OWNtober — come join us at Devour Your TBR on Goodreads while we focus on books we already own!
- ARCs for daaaaaays!
And of course, there’s always the risk of an Unexpected Readathon Time announcement!
You can view a Goodreads shelf of my entire month’s TBR HERE!
Now, on to my TBR!
? = buddy/group reads
? = review copy
? = graphic novels/manga
? = poetry
? = audiobook
? = kindle unlimited
? = reread
- ?? Capturing the Devil — Kerri Maniscalco
- I sadly didn’t pick up CtD in September like I planned to, but luckily for me, I know many other #StalkAlong participants didn’t either, so I don’t feel TOO bad! ?
- ? The Ten Thousand Doors of January — Alix E. Harrow
- ? Get a Life, Chloe Brown — Talia Hibbert
- ? Pumpkinheads — Rainbow Rowell
- ? On the Night Border — James Chambers
- ?? The Apocalyptic Mannequin — Stephanie M. Wytovich
- ? Remains — Andrew Cull
- ? Permanent Record — Mary H.K. Choi
- ? Monster, She Wrote — Lisa Kroger
- ? Rosemary and Rue — Seanan McGuire
- ? Hex Life — Christopher Golden (anthology editor)
- ? Library of the Unwritten — A.J. Hackwith
- ? Salvaged — Madeleine Roux
- ? The Fearing #2 & #3 — John F.D. Taff
- ? The Beautiful — Renee Ahdieh
- ? Ghoster — Jason Arnopp
- ? Full Disclosure — Camryn Garrett
- ? In Darkness, Delight: Creatures of the Night — Josh Malerman (anthology editor)
Leftover from September:
- ? The Work of Art — Mimi Matthews
- ? Rules for Vanishing — Kate Alice Marshall
- ?? A Court of Mist and Fury — Sarah J. Maas
- ? Growing Things and Other Stories — Paul Tremblay
- ? Fence, Vol. 3 — C.S. Pacat
- Rolling in the Deep — Mira Grant
- ? Darkdawn — Jay Kristoff
- ? The Magick of Food — Gwion Raven
Current Library Loans:
(Not including Kindle Unlimited titles, since those don’t have a return date, but I thought this would be a nice place to tell you guys what unread things I currently have checked out, too!)
- The Agony House
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory
- Anya’s Ghost
- From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death
- A Boy Called Bat
- Bad Call: A Summer Job on a New York Ambulance
- The Collected Schizophrenias
- The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
- Unnatural, Vol. 3
- The Holy Wild: A Heathen Bible for the Untamed Woman
- Night Trap
- previous month’s goals:
- draft 2 weeks’ worth of posts before returning from hiatus ❌
- stick to my ARC ban ✅✅✅✅
- resume shelf tour series ❌ (this one got held up because I got new shelves and am rearranging my entire library… eep)
- Complete at least 75% of my October TBR
- Read at least 3 Fall TBR Jar picks
- Watch at least 10 horror movies ???
What book on your TBR are you most excited to read this month?
— destiny ♥
twitter | bookstagram | facebook | goodreads