It’s time for round 3 of SCOOBATHON!
I’m so excited to tell you that it’s time for round 3 of SCOOBATHON!
Scoobathon is the spooky, fun reading challenge I co-host with Ellyn every October. This year has a bonus surprise: Ellyn created a Discord server for us! Join the Discord here and make sure you follow us on Twitter, too!
This round runs from October 22nd to October 31st. I’m so excited to cram in as many Halloween-y reads as possible for this round! 🥳 We came up with some prompts to help you choose your TBR as well as a fun little bingo card for anyone who wants some extra challenges.
(Also, thank you so much to Ellyn for making these amazing graphics!)
Here’s the readathon info…
… and here’s my TBR!
I wanted to pull from my pre-existing October TBR as much as possible since that list was so big, but I did add one bonus read for the comic relief character because I realized none of the books on my October TBR had comedic elements (as far as I know)! I’m going off of the synopsis for each of these books, so I’m hoping they all fit the prompts like I think they will. For the bonus prompt, I realized it’s been WAY too long since I’ve watched the live-action movies, so I’m overdue for a re-watch. Jinkies!
EDIT: I want to read Partying With Pixies by Hazel Mack on its release date (Oct 19th), so I switched it out for Nettle & Bone!
- Halloween Fiend // C.V. Hunt (takes place in a spooky town with weird rituals)
- Nettle & Bone // T. Kingfisher (a few friends told me this has found family vibes!)
- Hell House // Richard Matheson (shelved as “mystery” by a ton of Goodreads users)
- All Hallows // Christopher Golden (I love this creepy cover!)
- The Pale House Devil // Richard Kadrey (I’ve seen reviews mention dry/witty humor in this)
Are you joining Scoobathon? If so, what are you reading?
— destiny ♥