It’s time for another monthly TBR!
For September, I have VERY ambitious reading plans: I’m going to try to read a book per day! Many of the books will be graphic novels or poetry books I have eARCs of, so I’m not aiming for 30 full novels, but I’m very eager! I didn’t want to make a hella long TBR post, though, so I’ll highlight my “top priority” picks and show you the TBR jar Bex made for me!
First, the list I chose: no specific theme in mind, just a bunch of review copies at the top of my priority list.
- She Kills Me by Jennifer Wright — A true crime compendium of 40 of the most dangerous women in history. I’ve been in the mood for lots of nonfiction and true crime stuff lately!
- Chasing Ghosts by Marc Hartzman — And another creepy nonfiction book, this one covering the supernatural history of America.
- Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo — Give me all the tragic, creepy gay horror, honestly. I’ve also been craving emotional horror, and I hear this one delivers!
- Horseman by Christina Henry — The Headless Horseman is one of my favorite classic legends and Christina Henry can do no wrong in my eyes, so I have very high hopes for this retelling.
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang — It feels like we’ve been waiting so long for Quan’s story! I’ll be group reading this with the brand new Hoemance Book Club!
- Someone to Share My Nightmares by Sonora Taylor — I haven’t had the pleasure of reading any of Sonora Taylor’s work yet, and I absolutely cannot wait. A collection of romantic spooky stories? Gimme!
- Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson — Margaret is 100% a forever fave and I’ll always be so excited for new stories from her. ♥
- Nothing but Blackened Teeth by Cassandra Khaw — Between this cover, this synopsis, and my past experiences with this author’s writing, I’m going to be shocked if this is anything less than the flawless terror I’m expecting. 💀
And now, let’s talk about this amazing TBR jar Bex picked out for me!
Bex had the brilliant idea for each of us to choose 20 books for the other person to put into a TBR jar, and then we’ll choose titles from that jar throughout the month. We both chose a mix of mostly horror with a little romance, and I’m obsessed with the selection she picked out for me. In fact, I loved this list so much, I’ve made a Goodreads shelf for it and I’m going to try to pull from it for the next few months until I’ve read them all!
What’s on your September TBR? Let me know in the comments (or drop a link!) ♥
— destiny ♥