Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks!If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!
I miiiiight have gone a little wild with pre-orders and Edelweiss hauls this week…
Physical Review Copies:
- Nothing this week!
I had a lot of pending requests come through this week. Whoops. o_o
- All the Better Part of Me — Molly Ringle
- new adult romance; Sinter is acting abroad when he suddenly realizes his own bisexuality and decides to return home to explore possibilities of a relationship with his gay best friend
- The Stars May Rise and Fall — Estella Mirai
- adult romance; an aspiring glam-metal J-rocker’s career is falling apart when he meets/falls for a disabled composer, forbidden romance ensues (marketed as an m/m J-rock Phantom of the Opera retelling)
- Dear Sweet Pea — Julie Murphy
- MG contemporary; Sweet Pea is dealing with her parents’ new divorce, being forced to sit beside her ex-best friend, and more (own-voice fat rep!)
- Serpent & Dove — Shelby Mahurin
- YA fantasy; a witch x witch hunter romance set in a criminal underworld
- The Unicorn Anthology — Peter S. Beagle
- adult SFF anthology; unicorn stories! (including stories by Garth Nix, Jane Yolen, and more)
- The Saturday Night Ghost Club — Craig Davidson
- adult horror; a neurosurgeon revisiting his past as a preteen in a ghost-hunting club
- Croquette & Empanada — Ana Oncina
- humor comics; cute little food-peoples ♥
- Sorry I’m Late, I Didn’t Want to Come — Jessica Pan
- adult nonfiction/humor; an introverted woman devotes a year to trying to live like an extrovert
- Made for You — Anyta Sunday
- new adult romance; age-gap romance between a young man and his little brother’s woodshop teacher
- How We Became Wicked — Alexander Yates
- YA horror; mutated insects infect humans with a plague that causes mass violence
- The First Girl Child — Amy Harmon
- adult fantasy/romance; when the first girl in 20 years is born to a cursed land, the chieftain’s son is charged with protecting her (I don’t think this is an age gap or anything pedophilic or gross, I think the synopsis is just worded odd)
- Orpheus Girl — Brynne Rebele-Henry
- YA contemporary; two teen girls/best friends are caught being intimate and sent to a conversion camp
- Somebody to Love — Aurelia Fray
- adult rom-com; a woman mistakes a stranger for her new therapist and asks him to help her find love
- The Wives — Tarryn Fisher
- adult thriller; a woman’s husband is also married to two other women, and she finds out one of the other wives is being abused by him, which leads to revealing many of her husband’s violent secrets
- Unchained Desire — R.C. Alvarez
- adult paranormal romance; a fallen angel falls for a human woman
- Drakon’s Knight — N.J. Walters
- adult fantasy romance; a dragon/human shapeshifter falls in love with a woman he’s been tasked with killing
- False Bingo: Stories — Jac Jemc
- adult horror short stories; “the mundane becomes sinister”
- Halloween Fiend — C.V. Hunt
- adult horror novella; this was free a few days ago so I grabbed it!
Physical Purchases & Gifts:
- Pilu of the Woods — Mai K. Nguyen
- MG fantasy graphic novel; I read an eARC of this months ago and LOVED it so I’m really happy to finally have a finished copy on my shelf!
Interesting haul. The Unicorn Anthology and the Wives stand out to me the most. Should be some interesting reads for sure. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! 🙂 Sorry for the delayed response, ha. The Wives is one of my most anticipated reads – it just sounds so intriguing and I can’t wait to find the time for it.
What a great haul– tbh I’ve actually never checked out a “Stacking The Shelves” feature before even though I’d heard about it for years!! XD I’d actually just added Julie Murphy’s Dear Sweet Pea to my Goodreads recently! Awesome post!
Thank you so much! 😀 I hope you like Dear Sweet Pea when you pick it up!
I love the cover of serpent and Dove! Enjoy reading!
Serpent & Dove is soooo pretty! I low key hope I love it just so I can justify getting a print copy for my shelves ?
[…] all of this week’s highs are eARCs I was approved for last week, which were all detailed in yesterday’s Stacking the Shelves post. I’m only going to add synopsis blurbs for the ones that weren’t in that […]
[…] I tag; Kaleena , Sam , Alana , Destiny , Ilsa […]
Croquette & Empanada sounds so cute! I can’t wait for it to come out! And I didn’t realize Pilu of the Woods came out already! I have it on hold, but now I’m going to have to check if it’s on its way over to my library each day!
I know this is so late but it made me so happy again to see you talking about wanting to read Pilu of the Woods haha!
Again, The Wives….I need!!!
I’m so excited to pick up The Wives. I know it doesn’t come out until December so it’s been so hard holding back from reading it ASAP but I might cave in August!
?? yes do it!!