Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks!If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!
Physical Review Copies:
- Nothing this week!
Digital Review Copies:
- The Modern Witchcraft Guide to Magickal Herbs — Judy Ann Nock [adult nonfic/spirituality]
- No Longer Human — Junji Ito [adult horror manga]
- I think this is technically Junji Ito’s interpretation of Osamu Dazai’s novel, which is rumored to be autobiographical, about a person’s downward spiral into his own terrifying mental illnesses. I never know what to expect from Junji Ito titles because I always either adore them or really dislike them – no real in-between – but either way, they always stick with me for a long, long time.
- A Breath Too Late — Rocky Callen [YA contemporary]
- An epistolary novel told from the viewpoint of the spirit of a 17-year-old girl who’s just passed away from suicide. This sounds like a really hard-hitting read and I’m worried about how well it may or may not be done, but something about it just really tugged at me and I had to download it.
- Nothing this week!
Physical Purchases & Gifts:
- Red, White & Royal Blue — Casey McQuiston [NA romance]
- Thank you so much to Lacy for this gift! <3 I read an eARC of RW&RB at the start of the year and it became an all-time favorite. I’ve been dying to get a finished copy and reread it so I was truly sooo grateful to find this in the mail and I can’t wait to reread it!
- Ghosts of the Shadow Market — Cassandra Clare [YA fantasy]
- This was another gift from Lacy, and I can’t wait to read this, too! I need to go back and finish the last TMI book, but then I’m told this doesn’t spoil the TDA series, so I’ll probably pick this up before moving on to the TDA books. I miss Jem ♥
- What the Woods Keep — Katya de Becerra [YA fantasy/mystery]
- Thank you so much for this gift, Emily! I’ve been eyeing this one for a long time and I’m really excited to finally have it! It sounds really atmospheric and a little spooky so I might try to fit it in this fall!
- Artificial Condition — Martha Wells [adult sci-fi]
- Thank you, Owl! ♥ I’m so ready to finally continue the Murderbot Diaries series. I loved the first novella SO damn much and I just can’t wait to spend more time with everyone’s favorite snarky little murder-y robot. I just realized I forgot to ever write my review for the first one, so I miiiiight reread it and review it before continuing!
- Sea Witch — Sarah Henning [YA fantasy]
- Thank you so much, Reg! I’ve been wanting to read this for a long time, and even more so after I was kindly (but I think accidentally, lmao) sent an unsolicited copy of its sequel a few months ago. I felt like that second book randomly showing up in my mailbox meant the universe wants me to pick this series up, and now I can finally do it. ?
Library & Kindle Unlimited Borrows:
- Black-Eyed Kids, Volume 1: The Children — Joe Pruett [adult horror graphic novel; physical library loan]
- John Carpenter’s Tales for a Halloween Night, Vol. 2 — John Carpenter [adult horror graphic novel; physical library loan]
— destiny ♥