Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks!If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!
Physical Review Copies:
- Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things — Jacqueline Firkins [YA romance]
- A love triangle between a girl and her childhood love and the local “bad boy”. Do you ever request an ARC and then wonder why you requested it, because it’s so far out of your norm? That’s happening to me with this one. 😂 But who knows, maybe I’ll be surprised and have a lot of fun with it!
- Looking Glass — Christina Henry [adult horror]
- Novellas set in the Alice world! This comes out in April, which gives me time to finally finish the series and do a series review. I can’t wait!
Digital Review Copies:
- Girl Gone Viral — Alisha Rai [adult romance]
- While I didn’t totally love the first book in this series, The Right Swipe, I think this one sounds better plot-wise & I’m hoping I enjoy the characters more!
- Nothing this week!
Physical Purchases & Gifts:
- Nothing this week!
Library & Kindle Unlimited Borrows:
- Man-Eaters, Vol. 1 — Chelsea Cain [adult horror graphic novel]
- A feminist horror graphic novel set in a world where young girls entering puberty being flesh-eating wild cats. I’ve seen this around a lot lately and I’m VERY intrigued!
- Frazzled: Everyday Disasters and Impending Doom — Booki Vivat [MG contemporary]
- This was so cute! It’s an illustrated book about a middle school girl who feels unappreciated and unliked, and it features super fun semi-chibi art and some cute humor.
- The Wicked + The Divine, Book 1 — Kieron Gillen [adult fantasy graphic novel]
- I read the first 2 volumes of this series and couldn’t get into it much, but my tastes have changed a little in the last couple of years, so I’ll try it again and see if I have better luck because I really love the premise of the series overall!
- Clive Barker’s Hellraiser Omnibus, Vol. 1 — Clive Barker [adult horror graphic novel]
- Who doesn’t love a little Hellraiser lore?
- The Bloody Best of Lenore — Roman Dirge [adult horror graphic novel]
- I was (and forever am) a huge Invader ZIM fan and I always remember reading about Jhonen and Roman being best friends and having similar senses of humor, so I grabbed this from Hoopla. I’m almost done with it right now and it is so fucked up but hilarious.
- Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? — Caitlin Doughty [adult nonfiction]
- This is SO FUN. It’s a book in which a mortician (Caitlin) replies to children’s questions about death, and it’s just really fascinating.
- Frankenstein — Junji Ito [adult horror manga]
- This is, from my understanding, partially a Frankenstein adaptation and partially Junji Ito’s original storyline in short stories. I was so bummed by not being able to finish No Longer Human last month that it’s had me craving a new Junji Ito read, and I was able to borrow this one from a neighboring library.
- The Sun and Her Flowers — Rupi Kaur [adult poetry]
- I liked Milk & Honey a few years back, and this not only fits a required reading assignment for my class next week, but it also fits a TBR challenge in a Goodreads group I’m in.
— destiny ♥