Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks!If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!
Physical Review Copies:
- The Remaking — Clay McLeod Chapman [adult horror]
- I wasn’t sure I was into this one until I learned it had some urban legend elements… plus, it’s a Vine review copy, and you’re only asked to review “most” of those, not all of them, so they’re a little lower-risk than getting it from the publisher.
- Born Under a Good Sign — Kristy Robinett [adult nonfic/spirituality]
- I actually reviewed (and loved!) this one earlier this year so much that a Llewellyn publicist asked if she could send me a print copy when it released, to show off on Instagram. Isn’t that the nicest?! ?
- Come Tumbling Down — Seanan McGuire [adult fantasy]
- OH MY SHIT, CAN YOU BELIEVE ?????? I FINALLY HAVE THE 5TH BOOK IN MY HANDS?!?!?!!?
Digital Review Copies:
- Mindy Kim and the Yummy Seaweed Business — Lyla Lee [MG contemporary]
- I read this already and it was so freaking cute. It’s being pitched as Junie B. Jones for modern kids, but with a Korean-American MC, and that feels super accurate as it’s got that same witty, goofy vibe with an MC who messes up a lot but always means well and learns from her mistakes.
- Don’t Read the Comments — Eric Smith [YA contemporary]
- I’m super here for gamer stories, plus I love Eric’s social media presence so much that I’ve been really excited for this to finally release!
- Everything is Beautiful, and I’m Not Afraid — Yao Xiao [adult nonfic/memoir graphic novel]
- I read this already, and it was… meh. Good premise, bad execution.
- Snug — Catana Chetwynd [adult nonfic/humor comics]
- I forever adore Catana’s comics. ♥
- Ghostland — Duncan Ralston [adult horror]
- You guys know how much I am weirdly obsessed with theme parks in horror, right? So naturally, when this author asked me to check out his new theme park horror story, I was sold in a second. It also involves augmented reality, and technology in horror is another fave of mine — double-whammy!
- Nothing this week!
Physical Purchases & Gifts:
- Laughter at the Academy — Seanan McGuire [adult fantasy/horror short story collection; pre-order]
- Seanan’s short stories, ahhh. ♥ I was lucky enough to be able to pre-order this MONTHS ago, and I’m glad I did, because they completely sold out of this limited release!
- The Darkest Lullaby — Jonathan Janz [adult horror; publisher sale]
- One of the only Janz titles I didn’t own, and Flame Tree Press had it on sale for $5, so I had to grab it.
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown — Talia Hibbert [adult romance; pre-order]
- I feel horrible that I didn’t get to my ARC of this before it released, but now I can read the adorable little finished copy!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses Collector’s Edition — Sarah J. Maas [NA fantasy; pre-order]
- No shame. None.
- Throne of Glass Miniature Character Collection Edition — Sarah J. Maas [NA fantasy; pre-order]
- I only ordered one of these new mini editions because I was reeeaaaally curious about them… and I’m not gonna lie, my ass went and put the rest of them on my Christmas WL immediately because it is SO FREAKING SMOL AND CUTE.
- Call Down the Hawk — Maggie Stiefvater [YA fantasy]
- *chorus of angels sings* Seriously though, I lucked up and got into the doodled and signed pre-order list for Fountain Bookstore and I am soooo happy to finally have my first ever doodled Maggie book ♥
Library & Kindle Unlimited Borrows:
- Flinch: Book One — Brian Azzarello [adult horror anthology graphic novel]
- I had high hopes for this since it claimed it was super disturbing, but it was just really boring and I DNFed it fast.
- John Carpenter’s Tales for a Halloween Night, Vol. 1 — John Carpenter [adult horror anthology graphic novel]
- I’ve had this on hold since September and it FINALLY got to me. I had hoped to read it and Volume 2 on Halloween, but oh well. ?
— destiny ♥