Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks!If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!
Physical Review Copies:
* requested before my ARC ban went into effect
*** graphic novels are an exception to the ARC ban since they’re such quick reads and I don’t request many of them!
- * The Fearing Book One: Fire & Rain — John F.D. Taff
- adult horror novella; John’s novel The Fearing is being re-released as a serialization and I’ve been meaning to check his work out for a while, so I was pretty stoked to get this one!
- * Always Never Yours — Emily Wibberley & Austin Siegemund-Broka
- YA contemporary; this actually released last May and I’ve been meaning to read it ever since. Amazon Vine offers reviewers leftover ARCs of backlist titles sometimes and this was one I had to snatch up. I’m counting it as “requested before my ban” since I did technically request it before it released last year… ???
- The Haunted — Danielle Vega
- YA horror; this was supposed to be my only request this week, but as you’ll see in a moment, well. ? I’m nervous about this one. The Merciless by this author was, I think, the FIRST negative book review I ever wrote, and I haven’t tried anything else by her since. ?
- *** BTTM FDRS — Ezra Claytan Daniels
- adult horror graphic novel; all I know is that this is a horror graphic novel that’s been compared to the movie Get Out, which was enough to pique my interest.
Digital Review Copies:
- * A Heart So Fierce and Broken — Brigid Kemmerer
- YA fantasy; *INCOHERENT SCREAMING FOREVER*
- The Science of Monsters — Meg Hafdahl
- adult nonfiction; like I said, I failed my “one request per week” rule this week. I’m not mad about it though, because this is only 160pg long and it sounds like a quick read since I think it’s just a collection of interviews with horror filmmakers and SFX artists.
- Hearts in Darkness — Laura Kaye (freebie)
- adult romance novella; I got this on a recommendation from Sionna and it was super fun. It’s about a couple of strangers who get stuck in the dark on an elevator together and end up catching feelings. Very insta-love-y but VERY cute and steamy.
- Darkling — Brooklyn Ray ($0.99)
- adult paranormal romance; I’ve had this on my TBR a while but I’m still not sure what it’s about plot-wise because I just kind of glaze over (in a good way) as soon as I hear “gay witches” and “tarot card readings” and “best-friends-to-lovers”.
Physical Purchases & Gifts:
- Nothing this week!
Library & Kindle Unlimited Borrows:
- Nothing this week aside from a few kids’ books I brought home to check out for reader advising!
Looks like your ban os going okay!
Nice haul. I didn’t pick anything new up this week.
Looks like a lot of fun new books. I’m curious to see how you’ll feel about the hunted!
A Heart so Fierce and Broken? OMG I COULDNT BE MORE JEALOUS IF I TRIED!!!!
Omg I’m so excited for A Heart So Fierce and Broken!! I really enjoyed the first one!
[…] July-December 2019 Releases ✨ WWW Wednesday ✨ The Mid-Year Freak Out Tag ✨ Shelf Tour #3 ✨ Stacking the Shelves ✨ TBR Lows & […]