Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks!If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!
Physical Review Copies:
* requested before my ARC ban went into effect
*** graphic novels are an exception to the ARC ban since they’re such quick reads and I don’t request many of them!
- *** Yuri is My Job! #1 — Miman
- adult romance manga; this is a yuri manga about… a cafe where the waitresses pretend to be schoolgirls? I don’t know, the synopsis actually sounds pretty sketch, but a lot of the reviews made it sound great!
- * Immunity — Erin Bowman
- YA sci-fi/horror; OH MAN. I loved Contagion so much and I can’t wait to get back into this world!
- *** Hitorijime My Hero, Vol. 1 — Memeko Arii
- adult romance manga; this is a yaoi story between, I think, a gangster and a high school teacher falling for each other.
- *** Gleipnir, Vol. 1 — Sun Takeda
- adult horror manga; I only requested this because it’s horror and the cover looked neat, but it gets pretty bad ratings, so we’ll see.
- *** The Quintessential Quintuplets, Vol. 1 — Negi Haruba
- YA contemporary manga; this one just sounded super fluffy and cute, and I love the art style on the cover.
- *** 10 Dance, Vol. 1 — Inouesatoh
- adult romance manga; a yaoi manga about a dancing competition!
- No One Here is Lonely — Sarah Everett
- YA contemporary/sci-fi; when Eden’s crush dies, she’s able to keep talking to him through a company that uploads people’s voices, emails, and interactions to create an AI of them after they pass away.
Digital Review Copies:
- * Full Disclosure — Camryn Garrett (october 2019)
- YA contemporary; this is a story about an HIV+ teen dealing with life and bullying in a community that misunderstands her entire existence. I’ve been dying to read this and am probably going to go ahead and pick it up ASAP!
- Nothing this week!
Physical Purchases & Gifts:
- DEV1AT3 — Jay Kristoff
- YA sci-fi; I haven’t finished my eARC yet (oops), but that didn’t make me any less excited for my pre-order to show up.
Library & Kindle Unlimited Borrows:
- Everyone’s a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too — Jomny Sun
- adult graphic novel/comic; I don’t even know how to class this. it’s just panels of really precious, wholesome little comics and I’m very excited.
- Shout — Laurie Halse Anderson
- YA nonfic; LHA’s personal assault survival story, told in poetry. Oof, let me prepare myself for this one.
- Goldie Vance, Vol. 2 — Hope Larson
- YA mystery graphic novel; I wasn’t going to rush to pick up volume 2 until I remembered we had gotten 1-4 to add to our collection at work, so why not?
- Outer Order, Inner Calm — Gretchen Rubin
- adult nonfic; why am I obsessed with books about cleaning and de-cluttering lately?
- A Court of Thorns and Roses — Sarah J. Maas (AUDIO REREAD)
- NA fantasy; yeah, I’ve read this book way too many times already, but I wanted to reread it AGAIN, so I checked out the audiobook!