Time for another ARC update! For my 2020 #ARCApocalypse info and TBR, check here!
My current State of the ARC…
Since my last State of the ARC post, I have completed 8 review copies!
- The Apocalyptic Mannequin ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Come Tumbling Down ?????
- The Invasion (reread/re-release) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dewdrop ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Together We Caught Fire ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Till the Score is Paid ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The God Game ⭐
- The Twisted Ones ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I also DNFed, set aside, and/or removed 27 review copies:
- DNF (permanently):
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken (hated it)
- Imaginary Friend (boring, too long, I don’t care anymore)
- The Plain Janes (hated it)
- Don’t Read the Comments (hate the writing style)
- Ghoster (couldn’t motivate myself to continue)
- Ghostland (I love the premise but sadly just couldn’t get into the characters enough and was trudging through it soooo slowly)
- Miss You Love You Hate You Bye (HATE IT SO MUCH, CRINGE-FEST, WOW)
- Might pick up again later:
- DEFINITELY picking up again later:
- Gideon the Ninth (I’m just tired of having this on my current-reads shelf but def trying it again later)
- Removed for various reasons (mostly very negative reviews from friends I have similar tastes to, reviews pointing out very problematic aspects I don’t want to read about, or simply plots I’m not interested in any longer — I did sample at least one chapter of each of these!)
- The Hollow Girl
- The Glass Spare
- The Babysitters Coven
- Kingdom of Ash and Briars
- Realm of Ruins
- Everything Belongs to the Future
- The Gatekeepers
- Ice Wolves
- Somebody to Love
- The Book of Hidden Things
- Nightmare Detective: The Skeleton King
- The Mansion
- No One Here is Lonely
- Dead School
- The Unicorn Anthology
- Here There Are Monsters
- The Last Post
- Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things
- All the Better Part of Me
Right now, I have 2 review copies in progress:
- Seven Deadly Shadows
- Jane Anonymous
Acquired/ARC Ban Update:
I’ve been averaging right around 12-15 per month lately, which isn’t too bad, but is still more than I’d like to aim for. I’m considering removing myself from the Amazon Vine reviewing program in the next few weeks, and if I do, this number will drop a bit since I’ve been getting print copies from them each month.
I acquired 14 new review copies (3 physical, 9 digital, and 2 audio) and I’ve already knocked off 2 of this month’s new arrivals!
- Gloom Town ?
- Riot Baby ?
- The Winter Duke ?
- The Only Good Indians ?
- Seasons of the Storm ?
- My Dark Vanessa ?
- Leaders of the Pack ?
- Gate 4: Volume One Episodes ?
- The Last Heist ?
- Cracked Up to Be ?
- Mexican Gothic ?
- The Invasion ?
- Lullabies for Suffering ?
I would’ve liked to have read more in January, but I spent a lot of the month sick. That said, I did go through and remove a ton I’m no longer interested in reading, and while removing ARCs without reading much of them always makes me feel a little bit guilty, it was a big weight off of my shoulders to not stare at those on my list anymore! I will probably go back through my list sometime in February and see if there are any more that I need to weed out.
— destiny ♥
twitter | booktube | bookstagram | facebook | goodreads